Did you mean: 

I can’t find the PUK code

bennett
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My SIM card will not work I have no PUK number

help

7 REPLIES 7

@Alex888 wrote:
@bennettIf you are new to Public Mobile then your phone is probably locked to your previous provider and you will need to contact them. Otherwise you will need to contoact the moderators, you can send them a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

You could also try 1234 as the code.

A sim card's PUK wouldn't be 1234.  The PUK is only needed when the a sim card PIN is entered incorrectly a handful of times.  1234 is the only the default PIN and the PUK would not be the same.

@bennett , these are not to be confused with network unlocking codes.  As @RobertQc was talking about, an on-screen mesaage asking for Sim network unlock PUK means that the phone is locked to a different carrier.  Public Mobile would not be able to help in that type of situation.

The 2 threads have been merged as they were both about the same request/question.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bennett wrote:

I need a PUK?? How do I get one

You had another thread where you got several replies. They were very helpful.

@bennett If you are new to Public Mobile then your phone is probably locked to your previous provider and you will need to contact them. Otherwise you will need to contact the moderators, you can send them a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

You could also try 1234 as the code.

bennett
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need a PUK?? How do I get one

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@bennett wrote:

My SIM card will not work I have no PUK number

help

@bennett 

Some good info from cappaj from his S7 and the messages he got. You may not need a PUK.

"SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK."
- This is asking for Samsung's "master code" - I got this after entering the wrong code for the message below too many times. Samsung and/or your previous carrier can give you this.

"SIM network unlock PIN"
- This is asking for your previous carrier's unlock code - just contact them with your IMEI and they'll give it to you easy peasy. If you enter this incorrectly too many times, you'll get the error message above.

However if you are sure you need one to get PUK code, reach out via private message to our support teams. Click this to send them a message

PIN unlock key (PUK) is a SIM-specific code used to prevent unauthorised use of a SIM card. 

The PIN (Personal Identification Number) enables secure access to the SIM card and network. It is provided with your SIM card. 

• If the PIN code is entered incorrectly 3 times, the phone is locked (except for emergency calls) and requires a PUK (Personal Unlock Key) to reactivate it.
  • Once the PUK is recovered and validated, you will be asked to choose a new PIN.

Caution! If the PUK is entered incorrectly up to ten times in a row, the SIM card becomes unusable.

To get PUK code, reach out via private message to our support teams. More info here

You can also just buy a new SIM card to avoid needing a PUK code.

If you buy a new sim

Click Plans and Add-Ons

Click Change SIM card

Enter the new sim card number then hit submit

liuxinbing
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

mods are the only people can help you. Send detail info to them,

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@bennett  If your phone is asking for a network unlock code that means your phone is locked by the previous provider. You need to get unlocked  before you can use it with you PM sim.

You need to ask the previous provider. If it's a Samsung phone you might be able to get an unlock from their website by using a chat session.

Need Help? Let's chat.