cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can make calls and send texts but can't receive anything

JosephK
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Been with public mobile for a year or so. No problems until now. All of a sudden I can't receive texts and phone calls go straight to my voicemail without sending me a notification (I can still check my voicemail though). Outgoing texts and phonecalls work fine. Data is working fine. I am using an ASUS Zenfone 3. Any idea what is going on here? 

11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JosephK wrote:

It tells me "voice: Not forwarded".

Did you try any of the others on that link I included?

I kinda think that voice should be forwarded on some of those conditions. busy, unreachable, no answer. *#61# *#62# *#67#

Or as will13am is prefering somewhere in the "app menus".

Edit: or even *#35# for call block incoming

Edit again: Alright. With nothing else to go on how about the Do Not Disturb mode and settings?

@JosephK

JosephK

@Anonymous wrote:

@JosephK wrote:

^When I call my own number it goes straight to asking me for my voicemail password so I don't seem to be able to leave a message on my own voicemail. When other people call me and leave voicemails I am able to listen to them. 

Maybe it's call forwarding. Maybe somehow call forwarding everything got turned on.

Type *#21# and go in your dialer and it should come back saying something. Mine says Inactive. That's the all option.

The other ones to try are here.

It tells me "voice: Not forwarded".

JosephK

@srlawren wrote:

@JosephK forgive me if this is a dumb question, but has it been a while since you last rebooted (power cycled) your phone?  If so, please try that and see if it resolves the issue.

Unfortunately, that was the first thing I tried. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@will13am wrote:

Codes are flip phone era.  Easy to use app menus are the thing these days.  Smiley Tongue

Well...I don't have a flip phone! I have a Blackberry OS10 phone. The end of an era. Sad. It too has app menu access to the forwarding settings.

The codes just genericize the approach because the codes will work for even these new-fangled app menu phones. I mean really. 🙂

@Anonymous wrote:

@will13am wrote:

I was going to suggest this also.  I think most dialers have a menu driven forwarding option and so codes are not required.  More importantly, the defaults are shown making it easier to determine whether forwarding has been accidentally set. 

With the different brands and implementations of phones out there I figure it's easier just to go to the codes rather than walking through menus and such. Especially when I have neither Android or iphone. 🙂

Codes are flip phone era.  Easy to use app menus are the thing these days.  Smiley Tongue

Anonymous
Not applicable

@will13am wrote:

I was going to suggest this also.  I think most dialers have a menu driven forwarding option and so codes are not required.  More importantly, the defaults are shown making it easier to determine whether forwarding has been accidentally set. 

With the different brands and implementations of phones out there I figure it's easier just to go to the codes rather than walking through menus and such. Especially when I have neither Android or iphone. 🙂

@Anonymous wrote:

@JosephK wrote:

^When I call my own number it goes straight to asking me for my voicemail password so I don't seem to be able to leave a message on my own voicemail. When other people call me and leave voicemails I am able to listen to them. 

Maybe it's call forwarding. Maybe somehow call forwarding everything got turned on.

Type *#21# and go in your dialer and it should come back saying something. Mine says Inactive. That's the all option.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JosephK wrote:

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@JosephK forgive me if this is a dumb question, but has it been a while since you last rebooted (power cycled) your phone?  If so, please try that and see if it resolves the issue.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

JosephK

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JosephK wrote:

Been with public mobile for a year or so. No problems until now. All of a sudden I can't receive texts and phone calls go straight to my voicemail without sending me a notification (I can still check my voicemail though). Outgoing texts and phonecalls work fine. Data is working fine. I am using an ASUS Zenfone 3. Any idea what is going on here? 

If you call your number that drops to voicemail (edit: and leave a vm) and then go about wanting to listen to it...is it there?

Need Help? Let's chat.