Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei Y330-U05 Locked to Public Mobile

MarioI
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Hello! I have a Huawei Y330-U05 Locked to Public Mobile
when I inserted a Chatr SIM is asking for: Enter SIM ME lock code [NP]
which I don't have
I already tried 1234 , 0000 and 1111 codes I got reading other members experiences
It still says I have 10 attempts left
I'm kind of stuck
4 REPLIES 4

I purchased mine from public mobile long time ago just after they got purchased by Telus, I like that phone, it's a great phone. Still have it for backup, with it I'm never under pressure to get a phone I can take my sweet time shopping, my shipping can be 60 days no problem:)

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@MarioI wrote:
Hello! I have a Huawei Y330-U05 Locked to Public Mobile
when I inserted a Chatr SIM is asking for: Enter SIM ME lock code [NP]
which I don't have
I already tried 1234 , 0000 and 1111 codes I got reading other members experiences
It still says I have 10 attempts left
I'm kind of stuck

@MarioI  Where did your purchase the phone from? If it was Telus or Koodo you can submit a ticket to Public Mobile and ask the to unlock it. If it wasn't purchase at Telus or Koodo then please not that Public Mobile does not lock phones. Are you sure it's not asking you for a SIM unlock pin number. Did you by any chance lock your PM sim card on your device?

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking  here or the icon (bottom right of your screen).

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

@MarioI @Stop guessing. Never guess codes. 

The unlock code can be received by opening a ticket at https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat

Make sure that the moderator understands that the phone is locked to Telus and that you wish to be able to use it a different carrier.

@gblackma Public Mobile will unlock phones locked to Telus/Koodo. There's no need to contact one of them (Telus/Koodo).

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@MarioI was the phone with Telus or Koodo before coming to PM?  It's probably locked to one of them. Contact the correct one and ask them to unlock it for you. Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.