cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei Mate 20 Pro - Google Chat Features not working - Just switched today from Telus

kerrikitty
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just switched today, google chat features were working fine on telus, and with public I cannot get it to connect. 
It said it was connected but all my texts to my bf were going as SMS. I then reset the app cache, app data, force stopped and then disconnected chat features and reconnected them. It's currently stalled on "connecting"
Why wouldn't it work on public, if it worked on telus?|
Edited to add: Have also restarted phone which prompted me to select "Get Started" when i opened messages...  Still stuck on connecting

7 REPLIES 7

kerrikitty

Changing the settings to the ones in that link stopped my internet from working all together, so I went back to the default profile that the phone was given this morning. I had to hit the retry button in the app settings to get it to accept my phone number and now it works. 
Strange

kerrikitty

Pretty sure it's google messages. 
It spontaneously works this morning. posted an update reply at the bottom of the thread.

kerrikitty

Somehow resolved itself this morning. 
Tried changing APN from the default to the settings I was given in the first post, to see if that would work and that bungled my internet all together. Switched it back to the default one this morning and it works now. Not sure what's up with that, but I'm glad to have it back. 
Weird the things we take for granted lol

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@kerrikitty update your "carrier services app" and restart your device

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@kerrikitty  Go into settings apps and select messages under advanced select the option to clear the apps cache. Restart your device test to see if it works.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kerrikitty 

Correct me if I am wrong.

I think Google Chat is also called RCS.  

RCS is supported by Telus.  But PM does not support RCS.

Sorry, PM support RCS

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/get-help/articles/next-generation-messaging

Are you using Android Messages app on your phone?

@kerrikitty wrote:

Just switched today, google chat features were working fine on telus, and with public I cannot get it to connect. 
It said it was connected but all my texts to my bf were going as SMS. I then reset the app cache, app data, force stopped and then disconnected chat features and reconnected them. It's currently stalled on "connecting"
Why wouldn't it work on public, if it worked on telus?|
Edited to add: Have also restarted phone which prompted me to select "Get Started" when i opened messages...  Still stuck on connecting

Does anything on the internet work when connected to mobile data?  If not, double check your APN settings. Look here:  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/set-up-data-on-an-android-phone

Need Help? Let's chat.