cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei Honor 8x (Indian Version) with PM

saurabh1987
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Guys,

Hope shopping season is going well for you all.

Need your help to locate the missing leg..

Just got my new phone through one of my friend coming from India i.e Huawei Honor 8x and was looking to use it with PM. I ordered this one after doing some reserach and after checking its compatibitly with PM. But i think my research was not sufficient enough. Please find below the specs sheet for supported frequency by INDIAN version, bought over amazon.in:

8x.png

On PM, only my 4G data, text, Wifi is working with PM, I'm receiving the proper signal strength along with the network status as being connected, when i tried to call to someone simply there is silence on call and no response at all. AND when i tried to call my number from other phone, simply its a silence for a minute before it goes to my VM. 

Any help would be much appriciated. 

Bst Rgds

19 REPLIES 19

saurabh1987

So guys thank you for support on this finally i tried this phone on some other phone newtroks here in Toronto.

Freedom - No Coverage

Rogers - No Coverage

Chatr-No Coverage

Wind - Same as PM - Only Data + Text - No voice Calls

PM - Only Data + Text - No voice Calls

So the issue is with UMTS feq 1900Mhz which is missing on this phone, which is an essential to make vocie call along with other UMTS - 850 Mhz freqency (which it has).

Use the following link to check compatability - its 98% accurate.

https://www.frequencycheck.com/models/GPZaJ/huawei-honor-8x-dual-sim-td-lte-emea-apac-jsn-lx2-jsn-l2...

This is for Huawei Honor 8x - JSN -L42

11.png

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

THIS is how you deal with an issue. The OP accurately described his issue, supplied details, stated what he has tried to fix the issue. He didn't attack anyone, make any threats, or blame Public Mobile. Thumbs up. A lot of people can learn from this  I hope everything works out for you OP..

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@saurabh1987 wrote:

I will definately try it with some other providers with which it might can help, and will keep all posted to help the community, ANY particular suggections on that  ??

@saurabh1987 if it is indeed the lack of full UMTS support required for PM, then you will also be out of luck with Koodo, Telus, Lucky, Virgin, and Bell.  Rogers operates a GSM network so you might have luck with Rogers, Fido, or Chatr.  I think you mentioned seeing Freedom Mobile in the manual network selection list--perhaps they would be an option to try.  I'm not too sure what frequencies their network runs on.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

saurabh1987

Just also tried some USSD codes ...

Failed, and showed Network connection error..

saurabh1987

@ShawnC13

Seems to be a phone issue, tried with all the reset's.

Can not neglect the possiblity of a defective product, but these days most of the big companies invest's alot towards testing to make sure, none of the defective products gets shipped, as it costs companies more. 

I believe, Huawei to be among them.

Thanks

saurabh1987

@popping 

Thanks for helping me and Proving me that IT WILL NOT WORK.

cheers, no hard feeling 🙂

saurabh1987

@srlawren absolutely i agree with you, some of the Indian markets dont work at all with some providers in canada, has seen it with some samsung models as well in the past.

So 8x's Model name is JSN L42, and i also lound some defficulty in finding its technical specs, got the above posted info from https://www.devicespecifications.com/en/model/eddd4c7c

Still not sure if its a legit source. 

Being said, it could me the issue mentioned by you, as m also getting a gut feeling thats its an compalibity issue rather than some defective product. 

I will definately try it with some other providers with which it might can help, and will keep all posted to help the community, ANY particular suggections on that  ??

Cheers

popping

@saurabh1987 wrote:

I can receive and send text messages and Data is working fine.

Tried this sim on diffrent phones, working fine. 

Tried my friends PM Sim, on this phone, same issue..

You SIM works in your friend's phone.  It is not PM issue.

You friend's PM SIM has the same problem your phone.  This proves that your phone will not work with PM network.

srlawren

@saurabh1987 so the issue isn't your account, it's definitely somethign to do with the phone.

Are you 100% sure the spec sheet you posted is correct? I'm having trouble finding specs for the Indian version of the 8X but the one listed on gsmarena https://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_honor_8x-9313.php only has 850MHz 3G but is missing the other required frequency of 1900MHz.  This might be your issue, in which case your phone would not be compatible with public mobile.  To be honest, some Indian-market models do not work with Public Mobile at all.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@saurabh1987 wrote:

So it is a phone issue.  Could it be defective?  Have you tried to do resets?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mimmo

Network setting reset? Factory reset? Defective phone?

saurabh1987

popping

@saurabh1987 wrote:

@popping @mimmo

Yes i have tried the sim in diffrent phones, its working fine with my iphone 6. 

Apart from its only showing me 4 options to select from ie.

1.) LTE/WCDMA/GSM auto - on this, connected to network

2.) WCDMA/GSM auto-No service

3.)CDMA only - No service

4.) GSM only-No service

Pls suggest

Option 1: You are connecting to WCDMA which is 3G Band 5 (850 MHz), Band 2 (1900 MHz).  

I don't know why you cannot call out or receive calls.

Can you send and receive text message?

Is your data working?

Try your PM SIM card on your friends or family phone.  If their phone has the same calliing problem, it may be your account was not provisioned correctly.  You may try the stolen/lost phone trick to run the provisioning software to fix your calling issue.

saurabh1987

@popping @mimmo @srlawren

Yes i have tried the sim in diffrent phones, its working fine with my iphone 6. 

Apart from its only showing me 4 options to select from ie.

1.) LTE/WCDMA/GSM auto - on this, connected to network

2.) WCDMA/GSM auto-No service

3.)CDMA only - No service

4.) GSM only-No service

On option 1, when i disable 4G, its gets disconnected to network and on manul network find, its only displaying freedom mobile 3G.

Is there any specific way to manully connect it to only 3g/UMTS mode only on PM.

Its based on Oreo 8.1 with Huawei UI... EMUI 8.2

srlawren

@saurabh1987 FYI, Public Mobile doesn't operate a GSM network.  (In fact, Rogers is the only company in Canada which still does, but is shutting it down sometime in the next couple of years.).  However, PM does use UMTS/W-CDMA 3G for talk, text, and HSPA+ data.  From the spec sheet you posted, your phone supports the corret UMTS frequencies of 850MHz and 1900MHz.  

saurabh1987

@Anonymous Yes absolutely i checked the following links before..

I beilve 4G LTE compatability should'nt be an issue, as lts a latest device. It has to do something with the GSM modem's. Please dont quote me on this.

Some more info, which might can help.

MODEL: JSN L42.

freq.png

mimmo

First thing I would do is try sim in a different phone. Isolates hardware vs account issues.

Second is check / select what bands your phone is connecting to it could be set to 4g only bands shoukd be in network settings.

@popping has a better description.

popping

@saurabh1987

PM uses 3G 850/1900 for voice call.  But both of the SIM slots supports 3G 850/1900.  It should work with PM. 

Configure your phone to auto 3G/LTE so that it will switch to 3G while on voice calls.

Try cycle power of your Huawei.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@saurabh1987, your 3G bands freq: 1900 & 850  should be OK and should provide voice compatibility.  Don't think the 4G (LTE) bands are compatible.

Did you check ...

- willMyPhoneWork.net

- frequencycheck.com

Need Help? Let's chat.