cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Huawei 6s - Cannot make calls after switching from Fido to PM?

Hello!

I'm using a Huawei 6s, and recently transferred from Fido to PM. The top bar/menu shows Public Mobile, 4G network; can send/receive text msg; data should work. However, I cannot make phone calls!!! Cannot call in/out!? Please help. Is my phone not compatible with PM's network? I entered the APN info but it doesn't help.

Appreciate any assistance!

Tags (1)

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Oracle

Re: Huawei 6s - Cannot make calls after switching from Fido to PM?

@geopublic wrote:

@MLSU wrote:

Hello!

I'm using a Huawei 6s, and recently transferred from Fido to PM. The top bar/menu shows Public Mobile, 4G network; can send/receive text msg; data should work. However, I cannot make phone calls!!! Cannot call in/out!? Please help. Is my phone not compatible with PM's network? I entered the APN info but it doesn't help.

@MLSU  PM uses 3G for calls. That phone does not have any of the required 3G bands. If you insert your sim in a compatible phone it should start working. Time for a new phone.

Thank you for confirming my suspicions.  

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Is your phone unlocked? Being that you came from Fido it should work. I came to PM from Rogers and it works. If your phone is unlocked it should work. It may be that your phone isn't unlocked.

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@MLSU wrote:

Hello!

Unless you data services aren't working, this isn't any reason to touch your APN settings.  APN settings don't affect the ability to make phone calls.

There are couple of possibilities.  One possibility could be that your phone is set to LTE only mode.  If that's the case, text messaginng and data will work, but phone calls will not.  The second thing that could cause this would be a network provisioning issue on Public Mobile's end.

Highlighted

@tehowennathe wrote:

Is your phone unlocked? Being that you came from Fido it should work. I came to PM from Rogers and it works. If your phone is unlocked it should work. It may be that your phone isn't unlocked.

The customer has been using text messaging services. This means that the phone is indeed unlocked.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@MLSU wrote:

Hello!

Usually on transferring, the inbound doesn't work for either text or voice.

APN doesn't do anything for voice.

Do you have a full model/submodel description for that phone?

Please re-check calls in/out, texts in/out and internet browsing/MMS.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Best bet is it's a PM issue on their end. Best to contact a moderator

Highlighted
Oracle

@MLSU  could you take a screenshot of your plan details? And maybe the payment history? 

Are you on a limited calling plan ie the 10$ plan?

Did you select a ready made plan or did you use the plan builder?

Highlighted
Oracle

Recognizing that 3G is used for calling until recently and only on some carrier brands, no phone has LTE only mode. The fact that both incoming and outgoing text works means it's not a number porting issue.  I haven't seen it for some time, accounts can have provisioning problems which affect the calling feature.  I would consider asking the moderator team to do an account reset to see if that resolves the calling problem.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

Edit: I found the problem.  This phone is not compatible on the 3G network.  

https://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_enjoy_6s-8458.php

Highlighted

@mimmo wrote:

@MLSU  could you take a screenshot of your plan details? And maybe the payment history? 

Are you on a limited calling plan ie the 10$ plan?

Did you select a ready made plan or did you use the plan builder?

That also leads to another though about if a plan without calling was taken by mistake. It's not as hard for that to happen as we might think, because there have been times when there have been been more than one Ready-made plan for the same price.

Highlighted

@will13am wrote:

Recognizing that 3G is used for calling until recently and only on some carrier brands, no phone has LTE only mode. The fact that both incoming and outgoing text works means it's not a number porting issue.  I haven't seen it for some time, accounts can have provisioning problems which affect the calling feature.  I would consider asking the moderator team to do an account reset to see if that resolves the calling problem.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

You're right about LTE-only mode not being in the regular menus.  However, in the secret/hidden Android menus on some devices, that mode can be set, which would disable phone calls at Public Mobile.