cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to recover deleted text messages on galaxy s9+?

Llaman8r
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum here (though I have been a loyal public mobile customer for years).  

I recently deleted a text message conversation (and the associated contact) from my phone.  I need to recover the text message conversation, are there any tools that can be used (I tried using FoneLab and PhoneRescue but they couldn't detect the deleted conversation, btw I didnt root my phone) or is there a way that PublicMobile is able to recover the text messages?  

Thanks 

13 REPLIES 13

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Llaman8r 

Lol....that took a long time to root out those deleted messages/contacts! They must have been buried deep in your phone!  Happy to hear you finally recovered them!

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

Kassia
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I think a third-party tool is useful in recovering deleted text messages, I have used the Bitwar Android Data Recovery to recover all my deleted messages and contacts. I think this tool is more efficient than others, and it's free to use. So maybe you can also have a try.

Hope it can help you.

keaiman

To root samsung s9, you can use pro root app such as Kingo Root, iRoot, Samsung Odin.

Llaman8r

@Anonymous wrote:

@Llaman8r wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Llaman8r wrote:

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum here (though I have been a loyal public mobile customer for years).  

I recently deleted a text message conversation (and the associated contact) from my phone.  I need to recover the text message conversation, are there any tools that can be used (I tried using FoneLab and PhoneRescue but they couldn't detect the deleted conversation, btw I didnt root my phone) or is there a way that PublicMobile is able to recover the text messages?  

Thanks 

Sometimes texts are stored on the SIM. You just need to dig then out. Excellent idea earlier of at least getting the phone numbers from the usage details.

How do I dig it out of the SIM?

Yeah that wasn't tech-talk 🙂

I have an S7 on A8 using the default messaging app. 3 dots upper right, settings, more settings, text messages, manage sim card messages.

I'm not saying you *will* find what you're looking for...just that you might.

Shoot, it's not there 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Llaman8r wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Llaman8r wrote:

Thanks 

Sometimes texts are stored on the SIM. You just need to dig then out. Excellent idea earlier of at least getting the phone numbers from the usage details.

Yeah that wasn't tech-talk 🙂

I have an S7 on A8 using the default messaging app. 3 dots upper right, settings, more settings, text messages, manage sim card messages.

I'm not saying you *will* find what you're looking for...just that you might.

Llaman8r

@Anonymous wrote:

@Llaman8r wrote:

Thanks 

Llaman8r

@keaiman wrote:

Usually, such tool needs you to root your phone to recover deleted contacts and text messages. You can check the details on their pages. If no needed, maybe you deleted text messages were overwritten by new data. In that case, it's impossible to recover them back.

Do you know any good methods of rooting the s9+?  i was googling, but had trouble finding a safe, easy, free reliable method.

Llaman8r

@Jb456 wrote:

Have you tried your Samsung cloud? Maybe they backed up to your cloud?

As for Public Mobile recovery I doubt the would be possible unless with a court order as per previous threads.

I do not have a samsung cloud account.  I never used the samsung software, i never manually backed up my data to the cloud, I didnt like samsung software.  I guess its to my detrement.  

Llaman8r

@darlicious wrote:

If you go into your account and look at your call/ text usage. Each call,sms and mms text is logged with the time edt/est beside it. I haven't looked that far back but I'm assuming it goes back at least to the start of your current cycle. Beyond that I haven't tried to look. So you may be able to recover the contacts number. The actual wording of the text unlikely. At least from your self serve account.

I have done this to recover the number, what I really need is the text conversation.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Llaman8r wrote:

Thanks 

keaiman

Usually, such tool needs you to root your phone to recover deleted contacts and text messages. You can check the details on their pages. If no needed, maybe you deleted text messages were overwritten by new data. In that case, it's impossible to recover them back.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Stay safe

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

If you go into your account and look at your call/ text usage. Each call,sms and mms text is logged with the time edt/est beside it. I haven't looked that far back but I'm assuming it goes back at least to the start of your current cycle. Beyond that I haven't tried to look. So you may be able to recover the contacts number. The actual wording of the text unlikely. At least from your self serve account.

Need Help? Let's chat.