cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

How to download photos from text messages?

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy Ace II x (GT-S7560M).  I am on the $15/month plan and was previously with Virgin.  I have never been able to download and view pictures that have been sent to me via text message.  All I get is a text message with a 'Download' button to press.  When I press the 'Download' button, there is a status bar and and it says 'Downloading'.  But it never is able to complete the download.  I've tried to download with the wifi on and also with the Data on.  Both don't work.  Is there something that I need to do with my phone's setting?  How do I get this to work?

Mayor / Maire

Re: How to download photos from text messages?

@elhota 

Which OS version is the phone running?

Edit: Is this phone currently working for voice? Non-picture texting?

Find your phone on this list:
Officially Recognized APN Reference

If your phone isn't there maybe these might work:
APN Settings:
Name: Mobile Internet
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Not set
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri,dun
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

Mayor / Maire

@elhota wrote:

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy Ace II x (GT-S7560M).  I am on the $15/month plan and was previously with Virgin.  I have never been able to download and view pictures that have been sent to me via text message.  All I get is a text message with a 'Download' button to press.  When I press the 'Download' button, there is a status bar and and it says 'Downloading'.  But it never is able to complete the download.  I've tried to download with the wifi on and also with the Data on.  Both don't work.  Is there something that I need to do with my phone's setting?  How do I get this to work?

@elhota  Maybe the picture gets downloaded on your phone and it's just a matter of locating the download folder  Does the phone have a file explorer type app that you can launch?

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

elhota
Good Citizen / Bon Citoye
How to download photos from text messages?

click on the picture and at the bottom of the picture  it will say save . click on save it will save your picture .then go to gallery and there it is

The phone is working for voice and non picture texting.  The OS is Android 4.0.4

When I try to download there is a message that says 'Currently unable to download. Please try later'

Mayor / Maire

@elhota wrote:

The phone is working for voice and non picture texting.  The OS is Android 4.0.4

So how about the couple ideas you've had so far? I suspect APN. But others have added some ideas.

Does internet browsing work?

Mayor / Maire

@elhota wrote:

@elhota  In order to receive picture texting you need to turn data on and setup the APN with the values provided by @z10user4  above.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@geopublic wrote:

@elhota wrote:

@elhota  In order to receive picture texting you need to turn data on and setup the APN with the values provided by @z10user4  above.

These are not text (SMS) messages. They are MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) messages and to receive them correctly, you need data switched on even though you don't use or need data service.

I tried entering those apn settings and it still doesn't work. I also am not able to access the Internet with data turned on.  I can only access the Internet with wifi.