cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does the Koodo- Public Mobile deals work?

Brit_H
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got a text message from Public Mobile about deals on phones through Koodo. Do I have to create a separate account on Koodo just to get the phone? Then just transfer my SIM card to the new phone?

Thanks in advance! 

9 REPLIES 9

missaloisi

I just switched from Koodo because PM had more cost effective plans. I think you just got a promotional text. 

Mike
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

you would have to switch over to koodo, which meaning you lost all you reward saving from public moblie

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Brit_H  If you're happy with your current plan at PM, I doubt any phone deal will be cheaper than buying the phone outright and staying with PM. 

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I think most PM customers are here because of the lower cost vs others. Before changing companies ( even if they are both owned by telus), do your homework. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Brit_H 

Koodo is trying to get you switch from Public Mobile by enticing you with a phone deal.

Keep in mind that phone deals (while some may be good) may not be what they're cracked up to be.  You would be well advised to read the fine print regarding the phone's costs and especially what would be payable should you not plan to remain for at least 24 months.

BeachNBeer

@Brit_H 

NP. Merry Christmas 🎄

Brit_H

Thank you!

BeachNBeer

@Brit_H 

Also. Your Public Mobile sim card will no longer be good. You'd get a Koodo sim card with the new phone.

Any rewards you earned on PM will be gone. Simply put you would no longer have anything to do with Public Mobile and would be a Koodo customer.

BeachNBeer

Both companies are owned by Telus. You would be migrated to Koodo (with your #) and your Public Mobile account would be permanently closed should you decide to take them up on the deal.

Need Help? Let's chat.