cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I turn on WiFi Calling and VoLTE?

WoozyPolarBear
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I just purchased a new phone and I specifically looked for one with WiFi Calling and VoLTE. I purchased an unlocked Pixel 3 directly from Google after Google assured me the phone offered those feattures. I noticed in my phone settings that the WiFi Calling option is greyed out, and won't allow me to turn it on. When I put in my girlfriend's SIM card from Fido, it works then. Where do I go on the Public Mobile site to turn these features on, or do I need to contact a moderator?

8 REPLIES 8

bridonca

I have it enabled with Koodo.  I could get the VoLTE working quick enough, but I needed a lot of tech support to get WIFI calling working. 

@WoozyPolarBear wrote:

Thank you, that's kind of disapointing. Would Koodo Mobile transfer my Public Mobile balance over if I switch.

You can ask Koodo. It would be worth a try, but the answer is generally no, except for a time that it was advertised that it would be done during a Public Mobile to Koodo Mobile migration promotional offer.

WoozyPolarBear

Thank you, that's kind of disapointing. Would Koodo Mobile transfer my Public Mobile balance over if I switch.

@WoozyPolarBear wrote:

I am willing to pay for the addon to get it to work. How much will it cost?

There is not cost to this because there is no option for it.  If you truly need it, the only option would be to swtich to a different carrier.

WoozyPolarBear

I am willing to pay for the addon to get it to work. How much will it cost?

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

Go to Apps --> Settings --> Connections --> Wi-fi calling and turn it on.

Edit: If it's greyed out it means that it's not an option to use it with PM.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@WoozyPolarBear Public Mobile does not offer WiFi calling and VoLTE at this time. For this reason, you cannot enable them in your phone. 

Need Help? Let's chat.