cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: How do I set up data/APN on my smartphone?

I have Windows Lumia 520. It doesn't have a MCC or MNC in mms apn. What do I put for maximum MMS size? Also for internet apn what do I put in proxy server and proxy port? My phone doesn't have a tethering apn.

Oracle

@fullmetal If you have followed the steps here: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-I-setup-data-APN-on-my-Windows-...

without success, I suggest you email PM directly from the Contact Us on the main web site, then Email Away. Hopefully, before PM responds one someone with more Windows experience will respond to your question.

Assume you have tried rebooting and that calling and texting are functioning normally?

>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.

I don't have the IP type option default,supl,mms. I have IPv4, IPv6, IPv4v6, what do I put? Calling and texting works. Except for sending and receiving pictures. It will say "get media content now" when I receive a picture. When I send a picture, it will say "Can't send message Try again".

Oracle

@fullmetal Suggest you try IPv4v6; that seems to cover both protocols. If that does not work, email PM.

You do not need a data plan to receive picture message, but data must be turned on. 

>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Do we have to manually enter in the APN regardless of device? Doesn't it just pick up automatically from the SIM?

Depends on the phone. I didn't have to for Moto G.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

worked perfectly on my Oneplus One

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Smiley Very Happy

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@makkhan28, why do we need two APNs?

Mayor / Maire

If you want to use your phone to tether, aka a mobile WiFi hotspot, you need to add fun or something, and its best to have 2 so ppl know settings for each, one for data access alone, other for tethering purposesif phone has that option available and if you are in are with no WiFi and have a tablet or laptop,tethering does come handy in tough times