cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Legend

Re: How do I set up data/APN on my smartphone?

Hello,

For new customers, there is no live customer assistance by phone. Questions must be posed in this community, or sent by web mail directly to Public Mobile.

With regard to ordering a SIM card, you must first become a Beta invitee. In order to become one, do the following: Click Order a SIM Card on this site's home page. A page will open with a laboratory setting, and a box in which to enter your email address. In approximately one month or so, you will receive an invitation and a code. Then, in approximately two weeks, you will receive a SIM card. Upon activation of your SIM card, which is free of charge, you will become a Public Mobile customer. There is no faster way to become a customer.

Though early, welcome to Public Mobile!
Legend

AngryCustomer,

You're quite welcome! I'm glad that I was able to help you.
Oracle

@uberwireless Seems you are not yet a customer? To join PM, order your SIM here https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/beta 

As the company is operating in beta mode, it will take 8 - 10 weeks to receive an invitation and another 1 - 2 weeks to get a SIM.

>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.
Legend

makkahn28,

A correction is in order.

The OP was inquiring about customer service, and obtaining a SIM card.

You did not advise him with respect to obtaining one.

Read the question, and respond only to the question, in an A to Z method.

If you are unable to explain step-by-step, do not reply, as half answers do not benefit the OP.

Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.
Mayor / Maire

That's Fair, Thanks. I'll read message more careful, to avoid that

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Is this really necessary? Isn't this automatically? Or if only I don't get APN after I register and ported my number? 

Oracle

It may be necessary; will depend what APN settings are set when you first turn on your phone after installing the SIM. I joined a month ago and had to set the APN manually.

>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

So, all I have to do is activate my sim card after I received it and follow all of the instructions https://activate.publicmobile.ca/. If, by any chance, I don't have any signal on my phone I need to set up my APN on my smartphone to work it? How long does it usually take after I'm done with registration and porting my number?

Legend

Hello,

Your APN settings, including MMS and Internet data, must conform with Public Mobile's requirements.

Upon activating your SIM card, reboot your phone, and you should have immediate service. Remember to register your SIM card number in your self-serve account in order to have service.

I hope that this answer has addressed your questions.
Mayor / Maire

Here's another set, MUCH MORE detailed:

Welcome to Public Mobile

Enjoy