cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: How do I set up data/APN on my smartphone?

Hi, Just switched to public mobile. When I set my APN to the described settings it crashes my phone everytime I turn on Location (GPS). If I use a different APN my phone won't crash but I can't get data. Moto X Play. Any suggestions? Is there an alternate APN?

Mayor / Maire

@S15smallblock wrote:

Hi, Just switched to public mobile. When I set my APN to the described settings it crashes my phone everytime I turn on Location (GPS). If I use a different APN my phone won't crash but I can't get data. Moto X Play. Any suggestions? Is there an alternate APN?

@S15smallblockIf you are absolutely sure you entered it correctly, likely its not the "APN" per-say that is crashing the phone, once you put in the correct apn and its connecting to cellular data there is another underlying hardware, or software issue that is causing it to crash / fail. I suggest doing a factory reset on the device and if the problem still persists make a new topic (not post here again)

It was the APN. Did a little research on XDA developers. I removed "supl" from 'APN type' now it is working. But thanks fo the reply.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=73718465&postcount=181

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks for writing this up .Fixed our new phones up in no time

Mayor / Maire

@timmmmeh wrote:

Thanks for writing this up .Fixed our new phones up in no time

@timmmmeh Ribbolah-Timmeh!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Hey There,

Worked out well...Thank you!

Now, if you are not use to working inside the parimeters of your phone it could be challenging and annoying but be patient it will come.

Thank you again. Rick

I love whomever posted these clear instructions! Smiley Happy Thank you!

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

There seems to be a lot of varying information here, so I just wanted to let people know that I managed to get data to work on my old LG Phoenix (3G only). After I configured the APN, it actually didn't seem to work right away. I checked my phone after ~30 minutes, and it was working then. No hard reset was necessary.

Use the following website to set up ANP

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile?amp=1

Tags (1)