Did you mean: 

How can I get a SIM card in the US?

safia_gravel
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
12 REPLIES 12

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@safia_gravel,

When you get back to Canada, is there someone picking you up at the airport? Or are you staying with family? If so, can that person buy a SIM card, set up a plan for you, and when you arrive all you'll need to do is pop the SIM in your phone.

GC

safia_gravel

Thank you,  I will give you my address. But I would be happy to reimburse you (paypal?, money order?) for your help.  I still have about 4-6 weeks before I really need to have this ready so there is some time.  

safia_gravel

Thank you,  unfortunately out of touch with Canadian friends but I will try your other suggestions...

@safia_gravel wrote:

Thank you,  If for some reason the details are important.  I am a canadian who needs to return to canada to give birth and it is very important for me to have a working cell phone at all times while traveling and in canada 9 months pregnant in case of emergencies.  I would like to have things in place BEFORE I go not have to go there and then try to work out my phone service.  

I have one that I can ship you at no charge.  I am not sure how long it would take to get there but if this is something you would consider private message me and I will give you my email address to contact me

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

safia_gravel

Thank you,  If for some reason the details are important.  I am a canadian who needs to return to canada to give birth and it is very important for me to have a working cell phone at all times while traveling and in canada 9 months pregnant in case of emergencies.  I would like to have things in place BEFORE I go not have to go there and then try to work out my phone service.  

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Maybe, but they also tagged a moderator so...

I think more info like where they are located, what’s their timeline, why do they want one, etc would be super helpful. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mtfolks I think they know the official channels but are looking for an "out of the box" workaround.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Since you say you already know what the answer to your question seems to be are you able to offer more info on what you are trying to accomplish? You may get a better answer that will help you achieve your goal. 

MacMe

Maybe try a mail package forwarding service.

meocon

@safia_gravel If you have a friend in Canada, you can ask them to buy a sim card & ship it to you. Or you can go to EBay or Amazon looking to see anyone is selling it so you can buy 🙂 hope that helps

https://m.ebay.ca/itm/Public-Mobile-SIM-Card-MULTI-FORMAT-SIM-CARD-NEW-READY-TO-ACTIVATE/13264738180...

safia_gravel

Thank you, but I know that and this is precisely the reason that I am asking!

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Public Mobile SIMs are only delivered to Canadian addresses. They can be purchased at many Walmarts, WoW Mobile and K Mobile locations in Canada.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.