cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I forward a incoming phone at my Public Mobile to another phone number ?

george200911
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When some one call my public mobile phone, how can I forward this incoming phone to another phone number when I need to do so?

Thanks a lot.

8 REPLIES 8

TEJ20
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The current $15 100 minutes plan does not deduct minutes for forwarding calls. The previous version apparently did. You can even still forward your calls when you have consumed all of your outgoing minutes.

Ya that's correct I am currently using it

@Anonymous wrote:

Doing that with the old $10 plan does use minutes (no minutes with conditionals). I would suggest that this is unofficial for the $15 plan.

At least the current $15 plan is consistent with my experience with cell service since the 90's -- forwarding being a traditional airtime saving mechanism.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nezgar wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

Forwarding calls does use mintutes on the current version of the $15 plan. Once a call is forwarded, the carrier no longer considers it as an incoming call.  The forwarded call is then considered to be an outgoing call.

Are you sure you're on the current $15 plan? Here is what an "unconditional" forwarded call looks like in my usage history:

My Plan

• $15 per 30 Days

Before the unconditional forwarded call:

My Data & Add-Ons
Amount Used
100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk
3  /  100 MIN

After the unconditional forwarded call:

My Data & Add-OnsAmount Used

3  /  100 MIN

No minutes consumed.

And looking at the usage history detail:     
Date/TimeCall TypeOriginating #Destination #Originating LocationDestination LocationDurationData UsageUsage TypeCharge
08/01/2020 9:13Outgoing Call[My Cel #][Forwarding Target #]AllSK0:02:57 Minutes$0.00

Doing that with the old $10 plan does use minutes (no minutes with conditionals). I would suggest that this is unofficial for the $15 plan.

@computergeek541 wrote:

Forwarding calls does use mintutes on the current version of the $15 plan. Once a call is forwarded, the carrier no longer considers it as an incoming call.  The forwarded call is then considered to be an outgoing call.

Are you sure you're on the current $15 plan? Here is what an "unconditional" forwarded call looks like in my usage history:

My Plan

• $15 per 30 Days

Before the unconditional forwarded call:

My Data & Add-Ons
Amount Used
3  /  100 MIN

After the unconditional forwarded call:

My Data & Add-OnsAmount Used

3  /  100 MIN

No minutes consumed.

And looking at the usage history detail:     
Date/TimeCall TypeOriginating #Destination #Originating LocationDestination LocationDurationData UsageUsage TypeCharge
08/01/2020 9:13Outgoing Call[My Cel #][Forwarding Target #]AllSK0:02:57 Minutes$0.00

@Nezgar wrote:

@Jb456 wrote:

Ensure you have an unlimited plan as it would count towards your minutes if you're on for example $15 100 minutes. Also ensure you're forwarding to a Canadian number.

The current $15 100 minutes plan does not deduct minutes for forwarding calls. The previous version apparently did. You can even still forward your calls when you have consumed all of your outgoing minutes.

@Jb456 wrote:

Ensure you have an unlimited plan as it would count towards your minutes if you're on for example $15 100 minutes. Also ensure you're forwarding to a Canadian number.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@george200911  All the information you will need can be found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/call-forwarding

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Android

https://www.dummies.com/consumer-electronics/smartphones/droid/how-to-forward-calls-on-an-android-ph...

iPhone

https://www.dummies.com/consumer-electronics/smartphones/iphone/using-the-iphones-call-forwarding-an...

Ensure you have an unlimited plan as it would count towards your minutes if you're on foxample $15 100 minutes. Also ensure you're forwarding to a Canadian number.

Also you can't forward text messages.

Need Help? Let's chat.