cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hotspot

mellondon
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi everyone. I finally got my canon ip110 printer working on my phones hotspot. My question is will I have any issues when I’m in the us. It’s working with p/m when I print something. Will it still work when it switches to t-mobile or at&t and I need to print something ? Thanks 

cheers 

don. 

7 REPLIES 7

mellondon

Thank you it all worked out well 

mellondon

@Anonymous   Thanks and let’s hope I don’t have to do anything. I’m am not handy in the technical dept. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mellondon 

Make sure the printer can get an ip address via DHCP from the hotspot. I would imagine served addresses could be different going to a different isp via the hotspot. But then maybe with the roaming where you don't have to change anything won't matter in that regard.

Maybe I have a crappy wifi printer but I had to set it to a fixed ip.

mellondon

@geopublic Thank you. 

mellondon

Thank @computergeek541   This will be helpful 

@mellondon wrote:

Hi everyone. I finally got my canon ip110 printer working on my phones hotspot. My question is will I have any issues when I’m in the us. It’s working with p/m when I print something. Will it still work when it switches to t-mobile or at&t and I need to print something ? Thanks 

cheers 

don. 

This is highly dependent on properly programmed software and printer firmware, but you should be fine. Printers that have Wi-Fi features only need that the device being printed from and the printer being connected to the same Wi-Fi network. It doesn't care what the source of that internet connection is. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@mellondon wrote:

cheers 

don. 

@mellondon  Yes it will, as long as you data connection is up and running it should work the same.

Need Help? Let's chat.