cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hooking up a new phone to an existing account

LindsTaylor
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone!

My phone was stolen so I am hoping to hook up a new phone to my already existing account. I can't seem to find any information on how to do that so I thought I would ask here!

Any advice or help would be appreciate.

Thanks in advance,

Lindsay

4 REPLIES 4

LindsTaylor
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Awesome, thanks for your help!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@LindsTaylor, I would assume losing the phone also meant losing the SIM card.  Go into the self serve portal and report the stolen phone.  Then Proceed with ordering a new SIM card and replacing the number in the self serve.  Of course get a new phone for use with this service.  Here is an old link but still applicable on what to do.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/What-do-I-do-if-my-phone-is-lost-or-stolen...

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@LindsTaylor wrote:

Hi everyone!

My phone was stolen so I am hoping to hook up a new phone to my already existing account. I can't seem to find any information on how to do that so I thought I would ask here!

Any advice or help would be appreciate.

Thanks in advance,

Lindsay

Once you have purchased a new sim, you will need to login to the self serve and find the "Change Sim" option.  You will then enter your new sim card so it is activated and that is all.  You keep the same plan and phone number.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@LindsTaylor, As long as your account hasn't expired for mor than 90 days, then there's no problem.

Simply log into your self service portal, and navigate to Plan and Add-ons, then Change SIM card.  Enter the new SIM card number, and you should be good to go (assuming your account is active/paid up).

Just be sure that the new phone is compatible with the Public mobile network.

Need Help? Let's chat.