cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Honor 8 Review

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

So I've had the Honor 8 for about a week now, and I'd just like to give my review on the device, if anyone is curious about Honor.

The device itself is great. I find the 5.2 inch screen size to be the perfect size for me. Im trying to stay away from the 5.5+ inch screen phones, and they are becoming more and more common these days, so its nice to see a phone with a bit of a smaller size. I cant see it on my device because its the white model, but when light hits the back of the device, it creates a nice effect on the back (probably from all the glass). It is very slippery so i did pick up a case. The Honor 8 does support its own form of quick charging (0-50% in about 30 mins), and has a decent size battery (3000 mAH)

Performance wise this phone is speedy. The fingerprint sensor on the back unlocks the phone almost instantly, faster than the iPhone i was using. The one thing not so great could be the software. Its resembles iOS abit, like all chinese phones, but with a little work and help from Nova Launcher I have it looking fairly close to stock android. The phone also came with a gift box that included an extra charger and cable, which is a plus!

I upgraded it to nougat right away, so it did add some new software features and changed the EMUI interface (Honor's skin on Android) which was much better than what came out of the box upon initial booting. I havent expierenced any slowdowns what so ever with the phone. Multi tasking is great thanks to the 3GB of Ram. I can also expand the storage if I need to. Cant use android pay though (Stupid RBC) and i dont feel like using RBC wallet app to make purchases at the moment

Call quality has been great, and i have had a constant LTE connection, where on my iPhone i would have 3G in some areas. So i can confirm that the phone will work on the network (The US Model). 

Picture quality is good too, with the dual cameras. Not a real photo phanatic, all the pictures ive taken have been with snapchat tbh. Few of my friends disliked that im not using my iPhone anymore but oh well, Android has always been betterRobot Embarassed

If anyone would like to know other things about the phone, hopefully i can answer them 

5 REPLIES 5

edmonch2013
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Huawei Honor 9 just released, not sure how much improved. I am using Huawei  Mate 9 now. $800 from newegg. battery is very good. Lecia dual cam.... but price little bit hight. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@xCameron94x thanks for the solution, are you sure you want my reply as the solution?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@xCameron94x sounds like a great phone for the $400-460 CDN price point!  For anyone that doens't want to pony up $650-730 for a OnePlus 5 or $900+++ for the other big flaships (S8, S8+, U11, G6, iPhone 7/7+, etc), this is a great option.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren i actually got it from newegg.ca, and i paid about $460 CDN before tax and everything. But to my surprise i few days later, the more expensive model went on sale for $400Robot Frustrated

But considering how its sold for $400 USD, i wasnt too too upset with paying $460. The phone came the next day which is nice

srlawren

Thanks so much for sharing your experience, @xCameron94x!  Out of curiousity, where did you get the phone and what did you pay for it?  Is that model sold in Canada or did you have to import it?

Need Help? Let's chat.