cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone number being auto-rejected

Blurobin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I dont know if this is the right place to ask this question. My home phone number is a private number. When someone calls my cell from my home phone number, it is being auto-rejected. Does anyone know if and how I can fix this?

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

Then OP should put their home number in the contacts list. 

HI @Terenia   don't be upset, you can reach them:

open a ticket with PM CS Agent at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

start by typing : Contact CS Agent
then Click "Contact Us"
then Click "Other"
finally Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the CS Agent (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Terenia

I did this part on my phone but still, all private numbers are auto-rejected. I was told that it might be a setting done by Public Mobile but I can't check it because I can't get any customer service support from them. This automated help on their site is just useless. 

Blurobin

Yes, thank you very much! I missed that setting when I was going through it yesterday! 

Thank you so much for everyone's help, wasn't sure if it was a cell setting or public mobile.

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Blurobin wrote:

My cell is a Samsung Galaxy A70.

@Blurobin 

For Samsung Galaxy A70 follow these steps to see if the blocked unknown calls are turned on

1. Navigate to and open the Phone app
  2. Touch More Options and then touch Settings.
  3. Then, touch Block numbers.

You will be able to see the "Block Unknown Callers" see if that's checked. If it turns it off and unknown/blocked calls should come through. Here's how it will look like on your phone.

Block numbers from the Phone app

Hope this helps

Cheers

Blurobin

My cell is a Samsung Galaxy A70.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Blurobin  What device make and model are you using?

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Blurobin wrote:

Hi, I dont know if this is the right place to ask this question. My home phone number is a private number. When someone calls my cell from my home phone number, it is being auto-rejected. Does anyone know if and how I can fix this?

Thanks

@Blurobin 

You must have the "unknown numbers" blocked in your phone settings.

Open your calling app > on top right click 3 dots > click 'Blocked' > call blocking rules

In that menu you should see  "block unknown numbers/hidden numbers. Uncheck that option and calls should come through.

If you still have trouble accessing it. Just google "autoreject unknown (put your phone model here)" results will come telling you how its done for your phone.

Cheers! 

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Blurobin wrote:

Thanks

What happens if you call a different cell phone from your home number? 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Check your phone settings. There should be way too accept unknown and private callers

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Check your call block rules on your phone settings.

Screenshot_20200210_154244.jpg

It might be that your phones settings have block private numbers.....

Need Help? Let's chat.