cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, I have activated a sim last night @9pm, but I did not get the connection yet!

Jahir
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

11 REPLIES 11

@Jahir 

• remove your sim turn off your phone, turn on your phone and reinstall the sim and make sure it's seated correctly
  • if you end up getting a connection then do a network reset as suggested
  • what is the make and model of the device? thanks

@Jahir 

Test the pm sim in another phone that's unlocked or with telus/koodo/pm. If you get the same message you likely have a dud sim card. You can ask the moderators to try and reprovision it but you may have to get a new one. Where did you purchase it? Wal-Mart? If it's a major retailer or a local business go back and ask for an exchange or refund . When you get a new card access your account in the store and replace the sim card number in the account. That way you will be sure it works before you leave. If you bought it online from amazon.ca or public mobile you can ask for an account credit.

Jahir

Hi,

Yes the phone was purchased unlocked and has had no issues with other sims. We tested with another sim card which worked just fine on this phone.

It is not an iphone either. Activated online and it went through successfuly at that stage. the Fido account is now inactive. Still getting the invalid card message. Maybe it's a problem with the card itself because the public mobile account is also active.

Asked a moderator for help via chatbot

@Jahir of your phone is an IPhone and you are getting that message. It's locked to your previous provider. Contact them and ask them to unlock it for you.  Stay safe. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Does your Fido sim work ?  If it does then use it for the time being.  Contact a moderator.

To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. 

@Jahir 

Are you getting the message in your phone? Check to see if your account has been cancelled by fido. If so your port was successful. Are you 100% sure your phone is unlocked? Did you put the code in your self? It's not the first time a mobile provider has said its unlocked when it isn't..  Reseat your sim. Make sure it fits snugly and the contact area is clean.

Edit: Do you have an iPhone? If so hook up to iTunes and Check for an update and all the other stuff apple devices have to do.....

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Jahir I think you will need to contact the moderators. 

You can contact the mods one of 2 ways. Click the question mark bottom right of the browser as shown in the picture and open a ticket through the automated ticketing system;

kevenv_2-1599233493879.png

or you can contact them through direct messaging at the following link (note this way may take longer for a response);

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

In either case you should receive a reply within 48 hours though typically they are much faster. Watch the envelope icon top right for a reply.

Jahir

My phone is unlocked, my account is active, still missing the mobile connection, and getting the same message of "invalid card"

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Jahir Is your phone unlocked?

Jahir

I am porting my phone number from Fido. The message: invalid sim

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Need more information.  Did you port your phone# or is it a new account ?  When you log into your account what is the status ?  Try rebooting your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.