cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, Accidently factory reset my Kyocera Rise. How do I activate the phone as it ain't connecting ?

MadReza
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

more details:

One of Kyocera Rise broke. Took my family member old phone Kyocera rise and we reset it to delete family member data ?

Now I don't know how to activate the phone. Also, I moved the chip from one to the other... not sure if I need to do something else.

18 REPLIES 18

yd2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

i dont know why there is so many answer 

but the kyocera rise is no more good to any network

and sure cannot be activated on public mobile 

so no help for you to activate on network

Martin
Legend
Legend
Griff,

Thank you for informing me of that.

Griff
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Martin 

The Moto E (2nd Gen) also just launched at TELUS and Koodo for $150 brand new on prepaid. 
Same size as the first gen Moto G but has LTE, expandable memory, and a larger battery.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Further to the above, Koodo sells online refurbished Moto G phones (1st Generation) for $100.

Considering that I purchased 2 Moto G phones, brand new, I can't speak well enough of them.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Reza,

Are you planning to purchase a phone for your mom?

If so, there is Staples, Future Shop, Best Buy, Walmart, Costco and Amazon. Stay away from Kijiji as it has become a scammer's haven.

MadReza

Yes, sorry... was fixing this for my mom.... apparently she wanted Viber on it...... as her other fone is too old for it....

Sigh.... Thanks a lot this fixed my problem.

Cheers,

Reza

Martin
Legend
Legend
Griff,

I feel like knocking my head against a brick wall!

LOL.

Griff
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @MadReza 

The Kyocera Rise you speak of, is it the same one that was at one point sold by Public Mobile (See pictured below), if so that is a CDMA phone and is no longer supported by Public Mobile as they are now operating on a HSPA network - phones that require SIM cards. You would still be able to use the device as a portable media player by connecting it to WiFi however.

Public-Mobile-Launches-Kyocera-Rise-with-Android-4-0-ICS-2.jpg

MadReza

Hi,

What I mean is there is no Settings for APN.  I looked in every part of Settings.

I followed this guide:

http://communaute.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-I-setup-data-on-my-Android-phone/m-p/87#...

I went into safe mode to see if I could find it but still not found.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

If I understand correctly, you found Android's APN settings, but they do not apply to your phone.

If my understanding is correct, and assuming that the battery is firmly in place, has no leaks or bulges, and is not dead, and your SIM was not damaged and is not loose, try this.

Switch into safe mode, enable data and anything else that requires enabling, and choose your preferred network if not done automatically. Switch off your phone, and then boot into normal mode.

As I am not that familiar with the Kyocera, I cannot give instructions regarding how to switch into safe mode. Google, no doubt, has that information.

I sincerely wish you the best of success.

Cheers.

MadReza

Sorry, What I should of said was I did find my os APN guide and all but it is none existent in Kyocera Rise....

So I search for specific on my phone but couldn't find a thread on that.

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hello,

APN stands for Access Point Names. When searching, enter APN and your phone's operating system. I can assure you that there are countless posts regarding APN and your OS. Do not input Kyocera as that would be too limiting.

MadReza

I looked up APN. 

It seemed like its related to Data ? I can't find APN settings in the settings. Does it stand for something ?

I searched APN & APN Kyocera.... can't find out anything useful or helpful. Can I have some help on this.

Btw, All Data settings are on.

Also, there is no problem with the hardware.

Martin
Legend
Legend

MadReza,

Have you configured the APN settings to PM?

If not, use the search engine (made obvious by the magnifying glass next to it) to locate the correct post(s).

Also, check the battery for leaks and bulges, and, of course, use the SIM card from the previous phone.

Good luck!

MadReza

First phone is broken.....

Second phone is not. Having hard time activating it..... I need help with the activation as the antenna bar is not grabbing anything... There is no hardware malfunction wiht this one...

Martin
Legend
Legend
MadReza,

Whether you have an antenna or not, if you cannot see the screen because it is broken, your phone is unfortunately useless.

There is nothing that PM can do to overcome a broken screen. Plus, having a broken screen nullifies the warranty, assuming that your phone is less than a year old.

MadReza

They used to be:

1- Is broken... Can;t see the Screen.

2- We factory reset it.... can't activate it... No antenna ?

benwarez
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

is this secon  Kyocera rise unlocked?

Need Help? Let's chat.