cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help

BDW
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi!

I was just referred to Public Mobile. I followed the steps online to set up sim card and transfer my number from my old provider. 

Sim card is in the phone (iphone 7)... and I see public mobile at the top left of my iphone... I just got two texts from public mobile, one with my pin and the second one saying: Your transfer request has been completed successfully. 

However, I tried calling my husband and I could hear him but he couldn't hear me then call failed. 

And, when I open a text, it says: 

iMessage is Signed Out
An error occured and your account (my number here) is signed out of iMessage. You may miss messages as a result. Please go to settings to address this issue. 

Is this normal? How can I fix this? Thanks everyone... 

6 REPLIES 6

BDW

I tried rebooting... didn't work. 

BDW

Yes, my account was current. 

@BDW 

You can also try a network reset.  

Lowufo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

To fix iMessage go to settings and then messages make sure iMessage is turned on then check the send and receive settings. Make sure your phone number is checked 

YVR

@BDW wrote:

Hi!

I was just referred to Public Mobile. I followed the steps online to set up sim card and transfer my number from my old provider. 

Sim card is in the phone (iphone 7)... and I see public mobile at the top left of my iphone... I just got two texts from public mobile, one with my pin and the second one saying: Your transfer request has been completed successfully. 

However, I tried calling my husband and I could hear him but he couldn't hear me then call failed. 

And, when I open a text, it says: 

iMessage is Signed Out
An error occured and your account (my number here) is signed out of iMessage. You may miss messages as a result. Please go to settings to address this issue. 

Is this normal? How can I fix this? Thanks everyone... 

This may or may not work. Turn off the phone and turn it back on. Try the phone call again.  

You may have to log into your Apple account on your phone to fix the iMessage issue

Lowufo

The first thing I would try is reboot your phone. Sometimes porting takes a bit longer than other times for some reason. Was your other account current? If not that can cause issues with porting the number. 

Need Help? Let's chat.