cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with SIM card

Renee79
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just joined PM, and having trouble getting the SIM to work with my iPhone. The SIM works with my daughters older iPhone, so not really sure what the problem is. I used a SIN from a different carrier - no issues. The phone has been unlocked from bell. Here is the error I get. Any suggestions

87B6A2F1-FAF2-424B-A15B-AF946196DADA.jpeg

11 REPLIES 11

surreyboz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Renee79 wrote:

Got it unlocked and the SIM card now works. Thanks for all the advice!

Welcome to Public Mobile

Renee79

Got it unlocked and the SIM card now works. Thanks for all the advice!

@amasood wrote:

it’s fairly easy to unlock an iPhone. You can check up on YouTube and it should be good! I hope it works 

I'm not sure how Youtube factors in here. I realize that there may be tutorials on Youtube, but in the end, an iPhone user is still going to have someone (usually the carrier) who can get Apple to change the status to unlocked. 

surreyboz

@Renee79 wrote:

The phone I’m trying to use is locked with Bell. I tried my Virgin Mobile SIM and it worked no issues. The  PM wouldn’t work. I just received an email from Bell unlocking the phone, seems to be restoring the iPhone, so think I have it solved!

Bell, Solo, Lucky & Virgin is owned by Bell Canada. So all locked phones work with each others sim that is why it worked. Public Mobile is a Telus Company so a locked phone from Bell wouldn't work. 

Renee79

The phone I’m trying to use is locked with Bell. I tried my Virgin Mobile SIM and it worked no issues. The  PM wouldn’t work. I just received an email from Bell unlocking the phone, seems to be restoring the iPhone, so think I have it solved!

amasood

it’s fairly easy to unlock an iPhone. You can check up on YouTube and it should be good! I hope it works 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@Renee79 wrote:

I used a SIN from a different carrier - no issues. The phone has been unlocked from bell. Here is the error I get. Any suggestions

@Renee79So to clarify, you can use a non Bell SIM card in the iPhone but not the PM one?

One thing I appreciate about iPhones is if any problems just go to the Genius bar (they even have SIM cards for free to swap).

surreyboz

@Renee79 wrote:

I had an email from the previous onwer confirming that the phone was unlocked from Bell. However, after calling Apple and doing a restore, the PM SIM still won't work. We connnected to Bell and they confirmed that it was indeed not unlocked. Bell lady is going to send me an email personally now for me to follow for the unlocking of the phone. Hopefully this will work!

Like I said in my Previous Reply Bell is Notrious for pulling this BS 

Renee79

I had an email from the previous onwer confirming that the phone was unlocked from Bell. However, after calling Apple and doing a restore, the PM SIM still won't work. We connnected to Bell and they confirmed that it was indeed not unlocked. Bell lady is going to send me an email personally now for me to follow for the unlocking of the phone. Hopefully this will work!

surreyboz

@Renee79 wrote:

Just joined PM, and having trouble getting the SIM to work with my iPhone. The SIM works with my daughters older iPhone, so not really sure what the problem is. I used a SIN from a different carrier - no issues. The phone has been unlocked from bell. Here is the error I get. Any suggestions

That message on an iPhone means it has not been UNLOCKED. Bell is Notrious for not unlocking phones when asked. They Pretend to unlock it but they put you through a nightmare of a hassle and you eventually give up. 

@Renee79 wrote:

This means that the phone is not unlocked. You'll need to get the old carrier to get Apple to add this device to the unlocked list.

Need Help? Let's chat.