cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Locked phone

Mountainmaxman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hey guys, im helping out a friend who I reffered. He ran his imei number check on the site and it said ok. He ordered and installed the sim, filled out the form (i got confirmation welcoming him as a refferal) but his iPhone 6 says it's locked. He called Bell and asked for it to be unlocked and he got an email back saying it was now done and to install the new sim card from another provider and it should be unlocked but he still gets sim not supported. I tried his sim card in my phone and everything works fine. Really need help here as now he is without a phone. Thanks in advance55847330_2062108043844322_8682260716528336896_n.jpg55826939_1039518799571461_2159045206039592960_n.jpgeedited by computergeek541: removed screenshot because it not only included IMEI, but also showed name and e-mail address of customer

13 REPLIES 13

@Mountainmaxman wrote:

Thanks guys bell sent a second request and unlocked it fine. All good, thanks for the help

@Mountainmaxman 

I have deleted your screenshot from your message post.  Not only did it show your device's IMEI, the picture of the e-mail mesage also contained your name and e-mail addresss. You'll still need to go into the community profile and delete the image from your profile.

@Mountainmaxman wrote:

Thanks guys bell sent a second request and unlocked it fine. All good, thanks for the help

Great!!! Welcome to public mobile!

Mountainmaxman

Mountainmaxman

we completely erased/whiped the phone twice, can't check any settings under cellular with the public sim in there keeps getting that warning message as soon as the sim is inserted. before the sim, the screen under cellular is completely blank. No bell store within 300km of us and he has the email saying it should be unlocked but im thinking it is not

@Mountainmaxman wrote:

There are no retail stores where I live 😞

Then you need contact bell again, it looked like bell did'nt unlock your phone.

Edit: Since unlock phone is free, so I won't suggest you pay to unlock, but If you still can't unlock your phone, you can try this service, I tried  couple times before, pretty good service:

https://www.gsmliberty.net/shop/

@Mountainmaxman wrote:

But you can do it on the phone..no? Did you try?

Mountainmaxman

@Mountainmaxman wrote:

Yes tried both ways

You may go to bell retail store, let staff unlock for you.

@Mountainmaxman wrote:

Yes tried both ways

I would say that it looks like Bell never unlocked it.

Mountainmaxman

Yes tried both ways

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Mountainmaxman  Did you try second method to unlock phone?

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

@Mountainmaxman  On your phone, go to Settings --> Cellular look for  Cellular Data Network if you can find this option, then your iPhone is unlocked, but if not, your iPhone is locked. 

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Mountainmaxman 

Sounds like the unlock process didnt work correctly...

Need Help? Let's chat.