cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Help setting up MMS and Data on Nokia 3310 3G?

Hi everyone!

I'm new to the service, and I managed to find some great tips on getting my wife's LG G5 working. However, I can't seem to find anything in the community forums or on Reddit to help me set up my Nokia 3310 3G (2017) service.

I found some guides, and they helped me get MMS receiving, but I'm still not able to send MMS or access the internet via the Opera browser.

My current settings are as follows:

Operator: Manual -> Public Mobile

Network Type: 3G if available

Mobile Data: On

Pin Code Request: Off

Customer PIN Code: Off

Access Point:

Name: Public Mobile

Username: Empty

Password: Empty

Access Point: sb.mb.com

Gateway: 74.49.0.18

Port: 0

Set Home Page: Empty

DNS address: Empty

Network Type: HTTP

IP Type: IPv4

Access Point 2

Name: Public Mobile MMS

Username: Empty

Password: Empty

Access Point: sp.mb.com

Gateway: 74.49.0.18

Port: 80

Set Home Page: https://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc

DNS address: 74.49.0.18

Network Type: HTTP

IP Type: IPv4

Any help would be great!

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Help setting up MMS and Data on Nokia 3310 3G?

@nezahkard do you have your data on when you send an mms with pic? do your other browsers work?

Highlighted

@iliketotalk I have data on. The Nokia 3310 3G is a dumb-phone, so it doesn't have any other browsers. The only thing working right now is the receiving of MMS images.

Highlighted

@nezahkard oic I just looked it up omg its 20 years old I mean no disrespect but Im surprised it works at all

Highlighted

@iliketotalk That's the wrong phone you're looking at, probably.

This is the one I'm using. I think you're looking at the old 90s model it's based off of.

Highlighted

@nezahkard ok lol I see now is there anyway to update your browser in settings for that matter a system update?

Highlighted

@iliketotalk Unfortunately, the device has no method to update via wifi since it only has data connection.

Highlighted

@nezahkard I was looking at the manuel for it and there is no mention of mms capability it really is very restrictive in it's capabilities 

Highlighted

Do you have custom APN settings in your phone?  If you have a Public Mobile SIM, it should have default APN settings that would work for you.  Try resetting your APN settings to the default so that it uses what's in the SIM.

"Reboot" your phone too (turn it off completely, and turn it back on).  Then try the web browser.

If it still doesn't work, double check to make sure mobile data connection is on and/or your WiFi connection is enabled, depending on how you want to get your data.  You'll need a data plan or data add-on for your service if you're using mobile data, of course.  You can check your plan on the Public Mobile account page.

Just FYI: Here's the manual for your phone:  https://www.nokia.com/phones/en_int/support/api/pdf/nokia-3310-3g-user-guide

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Have you used this phone on Bell or Telus networks previously?

Have you checked the Get Started Page and try the IEMI look up on your device (Step 1 on that page).