cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help, communication with a human is needed

aperfanov
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Bought a new phone Sunday, added 35$ plan on it.

Tuesday bought another one, same, as the first one was stolen. On it I have a $40 plan.

Now, I have a working phone with a second number which I want to go back to the first one. And I do not find a way to achieve that since there is no one physical to address my problem with.

Please, someone help and stir me in the correct direction.

Regards.

9 REPLIES 9

Riettarose
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@geopublic thank you for pointing this out. I appreciate your help. Have a great day. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Riettarose wrote:

I believe if you look at your account it has a change phone number option. If you cant find that definitely contact the moderator and they should be able to help. 

@Riettarose this won't help.

As @geopublic pointed out, the OP did this wrong and activated a new account for their new SIM card instead of logging into their existing account and replacing the SIM card number in it.  Now their desired phone number is on the original account with stolen SIM card and they have a new SIM card with new account and undesired phone number.  Unfortunately, there's no way to port a phone number between accounts within Public Mobile.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Riettarose
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I believe if you look at your account it has a change phone number option. If you cant find that definitely contact the moderator and they should be able to help. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@aperfanov wrote:

Tuesday bought another one, same, as the first one was stolen. On it I have a $40 plan.

Now, I have a working phone with a second number which I want to go back to the first one. And I do not find a way to achieve that since there is no one physical to address my problem with.

Regards.

@aperfanov  Unfortunately you went at this the wrong way and it ended costing you an additional $40.

The good news is that your old number is available but will cost you another $10 to get it back. What you need to do is purchase another PM sim card. Login into your first account ($35) and select the change sim card option. Enter the sim card number of the new card and once you put that sim in your phone you have your old number and plan back up and running.

If you did the above the first time without activating a new plan you would have saved the $40.00. (cost of the new plan.)

Do you have anyone willing to take over that plan. If yes, that would be the easiest option. If not, then the best thing to do is to message the Public Mobile moderator team explain what happened give them all the info for both numbers and ask them if the could credit your account the $40.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

There was a way to do it when you got the new phone and sim, but by activating the second sim, this option is no longer available to you. If it can be done, you'll have to do it through a moderator. Not trying to be an I told you so. It is what it is.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@aperfanov We are all humans here 🙂

Something doesn't seem right here. Why did you activate another sim again? You only needed a new sim card for second phone. The new sim number can be linked to your account directly from your self-serve account. In this case, you can keep the same account and number. 

Now that you already activated again, I don't think they will let you move your first number to your second account/number as PM to PM porting is no more allowed. In this case, you can still get a new sim card and link it to your first account/number. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@aperfanov wrote:

Regards.

If you have access to your first account, then you should login and report your phone stolen.

That will stop anyone else from using the services of your plan.

Then send a message to Moderator_Team here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Unfortunately, messaging is the only way to get in contact with PM empoyees and there may be a wait of 2-48 hours before you hear back.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

I'm not sure that you could reuse your first number.  Did you suspend or mark it as lost/stolen ?  You could try messaging a moderator.

Moderator can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@aperfanov wrote:

Regards.

PM does not have call center.  Support is provided by moderator of this forum.

Send a private message to moderator for help.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.