cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Please ! Urgent

SherBear
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Good morning.I recently misplaced my old phone and have another back up phone and sim that I am using. Can someone please advise me on how to set this up ? I put the new sim in my phone and I am guessing I need to configure it ? Please advise as i would need to keep my old number.

8 REPLIES 8

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@srlawren original post removed... my bad!

Go Raptors!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@TheOldVR wrote:

You can login to your self-service account and activate your new sim.... you'll be good to go once you do that.

@TheOldVR please be careful with terminology here.  If the user were to literally activate the SIM, they would end up with a second phone line with a different number, which is almost certainly not what they want to do.  @SherBear please see the subsequent four responses after TheOldVR's response for the correct procedure.

@Greg1275 wrote:

If the cell phone you’re putting the SIM card in is locked to any network other than Koodo, Telus or Public Mobile, you will have to have the phone unlocked by the old provider it’s attached to. Then your sim that is still active will work in the other phone.

@Greg1275 FYI: while this is true, @SherBear hasn't given us any indication that this might be the issue.  It sounds like they were confused on the SIM change operation, which has been addressed in the four responses before yours.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Greg1275
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If the cell phone you’re putting the SIM card in is locked to any network other than Koodo, Telus or Public Mobile, you will have to have the phone unlocked by the old provider it’s attached to. Then your sim that is still active will work in the other phone.

Butterz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello here is how you do this.

Steps:

1. Login to your account
  2. Click on Plan and Add-ons
  3. Change Sim Card
  4. Enter the new/used 19 digit number under the barcode that says SIM Card #
  5. Click Submit

Now it should work with your plan.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

login to your account you will see the button to active a new sim with the same number

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Log into your self serve account and click on plans and add-ons.  Click on change sim to add your new sim.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@SherBear wrote:

Good morning.I recently misplaced my old phone and have another back up phone and sim that I am using. Can someone please advise me on how to set this up ? I put the new sim in my phone and I am guessing I need to configure it ? Please advise as i would need to keep my old number.

@SherBear  You need to login into your online account and choose thr6 change SIM card option. Just enter the new SIM that is on your new card and you should be good to go.

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

See below for correct repsonses....

Need Help? Let's chat.