cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having issues switching my Sim to another uphone

goodmaca
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

A friend gave me her iphone7 Plus trues miving it from my current phone gives me message stating sim not recognized. The new phone is not locked and it was put in properly any suggestions 

7 REPLIES 7

@goodmaca wrote:

A friend gave me her iphone7 Plus trues miving it from my current phone gives me message stating sim not recognized. The new phone is not locked and it was put in properly any suggestions 

Sim not recognized sounds to me like a sim card or sim card reader issue.  I believe that if you insert a sim card card into a locked iPhone device, it would say no service or show an error message about activation being needed.

station1104
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Sounds locked or mybe even blacklisted, just from my experience in the industry.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@goodmacaSIM is not recognized, try connecting to a wifi network first. It will allow the iPhone to connect to the Apple server to verify the status of the phone. If it is indeed unlocked it will go through the activation process.

tsparkle21
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Try

• re-inserting the SIM.  Sometimes it just gets dislodged
  • turning airplane mode on and off - it may just need a reset in network connection
  • checking iOS and see if there is an update available. If so, update the phone
  • checking carrier settings update.  Go to General-Settings-About and wait 10 seconds to see if a pop-up message appears.  If this happens, follow instructions.
  • turning off the phone, waiting a few minutes, then turn it on again

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@goodmaca 

Was the iphone factory reset before given to you? 

Try rebooting the iphone with your SIM card.

Network reset

Connect the iphone to itunes on your computer and follow prompts.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@goodmaca You can go to Apple Store to reset the phone carrier for it normally goes after the first carrier. 

GR
Mayor / Maire

@goodmaca with that message it sounds like the phone is locked. Try a bell or Rogers Sim card in that phone if you have access to one to see

Need Help? Let's chat.