cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware

krystlewilson88
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I transferred my phone number yesterday afternoon.  I still can not receive calls or text.  How much longer should I wait and what should I do if it doesn't work?

5 REPLIES 5

CellGirl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@krystlewilson88 

If your old number being ported is a landline or VoIP # it'll take longer to port.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@krystlewilson88 wrote:

I transferred my phone number yesterday afternoon.  I still can not receive calls or text.  How much longer should I wait and what should I do if it doesn't work?

@krystlewilson88  In the past clients have reported ports taking more than 24 hours to complete so you need to be patient. If there is an issue with the port request PM will notify you via text. As others have suggested keep using your old sim until it stops working. When it does it means that your previous provider has released your number and the port is complete. Insert your PM sim and everything should start working.

Welcome to PM 

FilamentCat
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@krystlewilson88 wrote:

If it doesn't work after a few hours, you may have a stuck port on your hands. You are going to have to send a message to the moderators. To send a private message to a moderator click this link and describe your issue. You will want to include the following information to help speed up your request:

- your Public Mobile phone number

- your full name

- address with postal code

- last 4 digits of the card used for payments

- your e-mail address

In order to check the port they will need:

- your previous carrier phone number planning to bring over

- your previous carrier account number

Their response time is usually 2-4 hours, though they are currently extremely busy and it may take a day or two for a response.

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern)

More info on moderators

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@krystlewilson88 wrote:

NO LONGER...can you use your old sim? Keep it if it's still ok and keep your account active with your old company until the port is finished and you will receive a text from public mobile to let you know that your port is ok.

jordan23
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi @krystlewilson88 , the phone number transfer and porting should only take a couple of hours to process. If you did this since yesterday and it's still not working, I suggest to send a private message to one of the moderators to make sure the transfer is done successfully. Here's the link on how to contact them:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.