cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had a "invalid sim card" top left hand corner of IPhone

Rob1963
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Anybody ever see this message before "invalid sim card" in the top left hand corner of my Iphone 7 where ususally you see Public Mobile, I simply powered down and turned the phone back on and all is good. Just curious if anyone else has had this happen?

5 REPLIES 5

gj
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

FYI, about an hour back, my iPhone (SE) too showed a "No SIM" message on the top left corner where it usually indicates the signal and "Public Mobile" . I was worried it could be some SIM swapping scam as it has been in the news lately. Tried putting it in a different phone and it did not work there either. I restarted the iPhone and put it back and it worked. Really weird.

Rob1963
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

lol. no upgrade but the problem went away with a power down and up, 🙂

aquintar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Maybe your SIM card port isn't fully pushed in on your phone? Make sure it's in there real tight!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Rob1963  Maybe a good time to hit the lottery booth. Smiley Happy

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Rob1963 wrote:

Anybody ever see this message before "invalid sim card" in the top left hand corner of my Iphone 7 where ususally you see Public Mobile, I simply powered down and turned the phone back on and all is good. Just curious if anyone else has had this happen?

Never in 6 years & 3 different iPhones. You must be special!

By any chance did you recently update to iOS 13.2? It's been buggy apparently. https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2019/11/08/apple-ios-1322-release-should-you-upgrade-iphone...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.