cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group msg instead of group text 🤦🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️

Britwalkkk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So I wanted to let all of my contacts know I have a new number so I tried sending everyone the same text all at once to save some time.. however, it started a group chat and I thought I shut it off.. like I deleted the whole thing as well but everyone is tripping out and calling my phone constantly saying that I, myself keep sending it but i thought it was already gone. What is going on and how do I stop it from continuing? People are actually getting upset about it/ with

me. It does seem very odd that it didn't ask people's permission before putting their numbers in a random group chat and other people now have their numbers.  Oh & I have a samsung galaxy A50 . Help me please, this is really becoming a headache. 

3 REPLIES 3

andrewg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I use the google messages app on my android, in the settings it has an option to send group messages (MMS) or mass texts (SMS). Check your messaging app for a similar setting. It sounds like you have group texts enabled, but for that one instance you want mass text.

Britwalkkk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@GinYVR Thank you for the reply. I wasn’t sure if I should message Samsung or here so I did both Smiley Tongue  & good suggestion but the only problem there is that I need to be able to receive messages for my job right now.. oh well hopefully Samsung will be able to tell me what I did wrong. Thanks again though! 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@BritwalkkkIt really depends on the messaging software you are using. If it is Samsung, it will be wise to go to Samsung's own support forum. You could manually turn off or delete your messaging software for now until you figure out what's going on?

Need Help? Let's chat.