cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a new phone, put sim in but no data!!

Chrismarques79
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So i moved sim from old phone to new phone it connects fine I can make calls it shows LTE  and 4g but data doesn't work. I can get to the public mobile page and it tells me I've used all my data but I check my account and it hasn't been all used.

I've checked my apn and it looks right . I've reset wiped my phone and once it boots up it shows LTE   so it looks like it's getting apn info from sim? but still can't get data at all.

Also my phone is a Samsung galaxy a30s

Screenshot_20200616-193844_Settings.jpg

Could a mod  reach out to me for support?

14 REPLIES 14

@Chrismarques79 you most likely used all your data allotment. your plan has a total of 12gb of data, spread over 90 days. once it's consumed you have no more data till your next 90day renewal

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you still have data on your plan, and you're getting that "please sign in" notification, it could be because of the data usage settings on your phone.

Go check: Settings > Connections > Data Usage > Billing cycle and data warning

... or similar menu options on your phone

But then in more recent posts there is mention that you don't see data when you log in, which makes it an entirely different issue. You may have just used up all your data on your current plan cycle 🤔

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Chrismarques79  No data add-on showing means you've used all your data allowance. Unless this was immediately after your plan renewal, in which can you will need to contact the moderators. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chrismarques79 wrote:

So when i log into my account. I dont see any info on my data

im on the old 120$/12gb plan

The overview page would have been better. Is your account in suspension? It says Expired in the details area.

But it seems to suggest that you've used all your data for the current term.

@Chrismarques79  please go here 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/media/gallerypage/user-id/140332/tab/all

And delete the first screenshot it shows your phone number. Thanks . Stay safe. 

Chrismarques79

So when i log into my account. I dont see any info on my data

Chrismarques79_0-1592406534712.png

im on the old 120$/12gb plan

Chrismarques79_1-1592403630001.png

Chrismarques79

I dont have the phone with my right now so i cant exactly say what happens.

but i get a notification to login to publicmobile. i press on it and it takes me to a webpage and that gives me a certificate warning, i press on ignore warning and then it loads a publicmobile.ca website and within that website it shows me reasons as to why i may not have data. (ill try to take a screenshot next time)

Tonight I'll verify all APN settings as you mentioned.

also I've tried the 2nd sim slot and the same happens.

@computergeek541 thanks for the ufo 👍

@gpixel Whichever version of this phone the customer has, switching sim card slots wouldn't likelt fix a no data issue.

For some older dual sim slot devices, only 2g, or only 2g and 3g (but not LTE) would work in one of the slots.  This isn't the issue here because the customer is able to make phone calls.  This means that the person is connected to the network. The 3g/HSPA+ network is fully capable of providing everything needed to allow all data activities.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Chrismarques79  ret your network settings and restart you phone. Samsungs will fetch the correct settings. Enable data. If you can send an mms text message, then your apnnsettings are correct, 

Swipe up
  1. Swipe up.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Select Connections.
  4. Select Mobile networks.
  5. Select Access Point Names.
  6. Select the Menu button.
  7. Select Reset to default.
  8. Select Reset. Your phone will reset to default Internet and MMS settings. Network problems should be solved at this point. Remember to turn off your Wi-Fi before testing.

Stay safe. Welcome to the community.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Chrismarques79 is this Samsung a30s a north American version or international? if it's the dual sim version try using the other sim slot. 

If the data is working in the previous device, this isn't an account issue and moderatora wouldn't be able to do anything for you. I assume if you your sim back in the old phone, data still works?

In your APN settings, check if APN type says:

default,mms

Also, APN settings aren't on your sim. They have to programmed correctly by the device manufacturer or the user.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Chrismarques79 

can you take a screen shot of your overview page and zoom in on the portion that shows how much data you have left?

If it is telling you have data available but at the same time telling you, you dont have data thats confusing?

Your APN settings are fine from what I see. 

edit: the reason I suggested the Mods us because of this statement,

"I can get to the public mobile page and it tells me I've used all my data but I check my account and it hasn't been all used"

Are these two seperate places you are checking? 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Chrismarques79 Where do you see the error that tells you all data have been used? Data not working when it is available to use is likely an issue with the APN. Please double check all entries and make sure it matches. https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en

Need Help? Let's chat.