cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a new iphone, how do I transfer my phone number from my existing Android phone?

juku
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Got a new iphone, how do I transfer my current Public Mobile phone number from my Android to the iphone?

Thank you!

Tim 

11 REPLIES 11

@Mr_Bee19 wrote:

I agree, ideally it should be turned off. But with non removable batteries and sim on side of the phone they made it possible for this generation to swap sim without turning it off and then some people think I changed the sim why it's not functioning yet. 

I edited my last message as I have never heard of a SIM card going bad because of that, but some people do insist that it's not good electronically for the SIM card and/or device, although I've done it myself too.

Mr_Bee19
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I agree, ideally it should be turned off. But with non removable batteries and sim on side of the phone they made it possible for this generation to swap sim without turning it off and then some people think I changed the sim why it's not functioning yet. 

@Mr_Bee19 wrote:

As far as my knowledge, both phones use nano sim card you just gotta remove your sim from old phone and put it into new phone. Perform a restart of your new phone and go through prompts to log in into your account and viola. 

This is an old thread and the member's question had already been previously answered. As for restarting the phone, that shouldn't  wouldn't really be necessary as if the  SIM cards are supposed to only be removed insterted while the device is turned off.

Mr_Bee19
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

As far as my knowledge, both phones use nano sim card you just gotta remove your sim from old phone and put it into new phone. Perform a restart of your new phone and go through prompts to log in into your account and viola. 

their sim can fit many sizes.   wondering when will esim come out

SomeFriend
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@jukuYou sure bet it's super easy! 

While I'm moving from an iPhone 7 to an iPhone 12 mini recently, all I did was take out the SIM tray with the SIM from the old phone, take out the SIM tray from my new phone, put SIM into tray, insert back into new phone.  It immediately searched and registered on the network and was ready to go!

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@juku wrote:

Wow, is that easy?

All SIM cards are physically the same? My new iphone is 12 Pro Max. My Android phone is Samsung Galaxy S9.

@juku   The PM SIM card is adaptable to 3 different sizes (standard, micro and nano), you just need to (carefully) remove the pieces to make it fit what your phone allows, if necessary.

juku
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Wow, is that easy?

All SIM cards are physically the same? My new iphone is 12 Pro Max. My Android phone is Samsung Galaxy S9.

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

Take your sim card out of one phone and put it in to the other.  Reboot the phone. Done!

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@juku wrote:

Got a new iphone, how do I transfer my current Public Mobile phone number from my Android to the iphone?

Thank you!

Tim 

@juku   Just remove your PM SIM card from your old phone and insert into the SIM tray of your new phone.  Then reboot?

Need Help? Let's chat.