cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel 3/XL

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Anyone looking for a new phone?  B&H has on offer in their deal zone the Google Pixel 3/64GB for US $159 (about $200 cdn) and the Google Pixel 3XL/64GB for US $179 (about $225 cdn). Add about another $20 for duty and taxes. Pretty good deal for a brand new phone that originally retailed for US $800.

Deal ends in 40 hours....

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/find/dealZone.jsp?sku=1448919-REG&sc_src=email_6338&sc_lid=755294&sc_ui...

16 REPLIES 16

lol that's not how you use that mode in developer options. you want to keep that option disabled. you're compromising your device 😂

Price lowered if you don't care about the colour......

Google Pixel 3/64GB  US$129 about $160 cdn.

For thosr concerned about it being a verizon model.....

The OEM unlock is not complicated - **immediately out of the box***: pull the verizon sim out, turn it on, set up wifi, activate developer mode, turn on OEM unlock. Done.
You wont lose OEM unlock with upgrade or restore.

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@darlicious  BH Photo saved you from yourself. 😉

@Anonymous 

Wasn't meant to be....I had it in the cart and I was pulling out my visa when the price changed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : Hey it's your money. I was joking on the fact that it wasn't very long ago that you got your Motorola.

@Anonymous 

I'm not happy with the colour saturation and thr lack of true black. Fuji vs Kodak. For me it will be my cheapest camera yet.....

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : Oh oh sounds like upgrade-itis seeping in. 🙂

Hmmm ....I am seriously considering this just for the camera.

Google Pixel 2 128GB  $119 US

Google Pixel 2XL 128GB  $139 US

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1411721-REG/google_g011c_google_pixel_2_xl.html

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : I had the Z10 when it first came out in 2013. Not long after, the flagship Z30 came out. Then some time later a relative handed me a Z30 they had from their work. I used that until I got a used S7 around about 2 years ago. So I guess I used a Blackberry from 2013 to 2019. In that time, they killed OS10 (still superior to anything to date in my opinion).

Edit: @hairbag1 : It's in the junk drawer. 😞 But I like the idea. 🙂 I actually still use the Z30 for the odd app and game. Just not cell.

@darlicious wrote:

@Anonymous 

How many years did you hang on to that Blackberry til you had to pry it out of your pocket anc put it in the junk drawer?

What makes you think it's in the junk drawer ? For all we know, he's likely hung it off his e-car mirror while driving around the Okanagan  😎

@darlicious   Here is an article of why security updates are important.

https://www.androidauthority.com/android-security-updates-960483/

@Anonymous 

How many years did you hang on to that Blackberry til you had to pry it out of your pocket anc put it in the junk drawer?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@BlueB 

The camera quality alone is worth it to me....but the XL is a miss without being able to use a custom ROM to extend its life a few extra years. A good quality phone can function perfectly well without updates for several years or more in the hands of an average user.

I reluctantly moved on from my flagship Blackberry because security updates weren't being done and problems connecting to wifi's out in the wild were getting more and more frequent.

@BlueB 

The camera quality alone is worth it to me....but the XL is a miss without being able to use a custom ROM to extend its life a few extra years. A good quality phone can function perfectly well without updates for several years or more in the hands of an average user.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Nice find, @darlicious

Thanks for the info too @will13am...

Wouldn't it be annoying if this was locked to Verizon?  😁  For many people, I think it's still a great deal for a new phone.  Not many people I know rely on updates (especially for budget needs) although getting updates is always a good thing.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This phone will lose software support in October 2021.  It's somewhat DOA unless third party ROMs are used.  The Verizon model apparently won't work with this party ROMs.

Need Help? Let's chat.