cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel 3 No service New Sim

JenniferDeshane
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently bought a new SIM card and my google pixel 3 phone is NOT locked and it reads "No Service" and I was told someone who call to fix this within 72 hours and that was 4-5 days ago. Has anyone else has this problem and is there something I can do on my end to fix this? 

Thanks, 

14 REPLIES 14

that was a brand new phone?  did you try to insert another PM SIM or even SIM from another provider to confirm if the phone is working?  just in case it's a phone issue

@JenniferDeshane 

It sounds like theres a major provisioning issue with your account (can you access your self serve account?) and your sim card. On rare occasions when there is an activation issue like yours pm will call the customer if you supplied an alternate number during activation. 

However I do believe Lorren is a new moderator so she may not be all that up to speed on the policy and procedures. I would send a follow up message asking for a progress report. Once you know how many days of lost service you have you can ask for the credit. When its all said and done ask for a review link so you can provide feedback to pm on your customer service.

JenniferDeshane

Yes, I've spoken several times a day every day thus far. 

JenniferDeshane

Yes, they do match thank you. 

did you try replying Lorren's message? at least reply once a day (or twice... ) to ask for update...

I notice one thing last time, i replied couple times and then someone else pickup the message and done it for me..

JenniferDeshane
Hello, Jennifer!   I took a look into your ticket and they are working on it at the moment and it will be solved within 72 hours. We do not have access to know the hours they're calling you but I will check the ticket so you can use your phone soon!:)   At your service, Lorren (This was on Wednesday) 

And I never thought about checking it on another phone but yes I can do that thank you 

@JenniferDeshane You are very patient! 5 days after activation and your service still doesn't work? When you are up and running (or the next time they reply to you) be sure to ask the mod for a credit on your account for time lost.

JenniferDeshane

Thank you so much for this list, I have gone through these things but appreciate it all the same.

It is for a new activation as well, not replacing SIM & phone is confirmed not locked

Thank you so much 

JenniferDeshane

Yes, So I put in a ticket and have been speaking with someone daily through my Inbox - and yes she asked me for a phone number and said it would be resolved in 72 hours - however that phone call never came and I have asked if there is anything I can do on my end - I have gone through the trouble shooting list and the answer I was given was there was a problem in the activation process in the "Back end" and they need to speak with me to resolve it. I asked if getting a new SIM card would be easier/faster and they said even with a new SIM card the problem would remain 😞 So I was hoping perhaps someone else has this issue and could walk me through anything they had to go through 

@JenniferDeshane wrote:

I recently bought a new SIM card and my google pixel 3 phone is NOT locked and it reads "No Service" and I was told someone who call to fix this within 72 hours and that was 4-5 days ago. Has anyone else has this problem and is there something I can do on my end to fix this? 

Thanks, 

Did someone tell you that you would be called? As mentioned, there is no over-the-phone customer service at Public Mobile. In rare cases, customers do sometimes get called, bu that's usually for number porting issues.  You'll have to contact Public Mobile using the online ticketing system.

@JenniferDeshane 

You could try this troubleshooter:

1. Make sure airplane mode is off
  2. Power OFF your device, wait 1 minute, turn on and check for signal bars
  3. Check on account self-serve that your account status is Active
  4. While on self-serve, check that SIM card number under “Change Sim card” matches the SIM card number in your phone
  5. Make sure the device is not locked to a different carrier.
  6. Make sure you’re in a covered area and there are no cellular outages
  7. Change wifi calling preferences to Cellular Preferred or Cellular Only
  8. Set network mode to Auto
  9. Reset network settings
  10. Update device software to latest version
  11. Perform a manual network selection

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@JenniferDeshane 

Were you needing a new SIM card for a new activation or to replace your existing SIM card.

If the latter, what promoted the need for replacement?

More details please...

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@JenniferDeshane wrote:

Thanks, 

@JenniferDeshane Who told you someone would call you? That's not how it works here. There is no one to call or to call you.

Can you take out the sim card and try it in another phone?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You may have been a target of SIM swap fraud if you have suddenly lost service for no apparent reason. If this is the case, please follow the below steps to confirm your SIM card information has not changed. 

1. Log in to your Self Serve account 

2. Select “Change SIM card” from the main page

Triguy_0-1612622380638.png

3. Confirm that the last four digits of the SIM card in Self Serve match the one in your device. If the digits do not match, you may have been targeted by a SIM swap fraud.

Need Help? Let's chat.