cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google App issue

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

All of a sudden I have the notice flashing up for a millisecond "Goggle App keeps stopping". Its so fast it took me a few minutes to figure out which app is the issue. Tried rebooting. For the moment I have disabled it the settings and have cleared the cache. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Moto g7+

12 REPLIES 12

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Just a tip as well... For anyone's phone who acts kinda, off, and you can't figure out why, and restarting doesn't seem to help, or its rare but if your device freezes, for newer devices that don't open (easily) there is a button combination, different depending on your device, that will stimulate a good ol soft reset battery pull

You won't lose any data, it's just another possible fix for random quirks you want to fix 😁

Since we're talking about phone quirks I thought I'd mention 🙃

@softech 

I did that last night on all my devices after fixing my moto phone. Looks like I was ahead of the curve for once.😃

not bad to  disable auto-updates for the Google app from the Google Play Store for now... 

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Mine does the same thing, except it's messenger that has stopped, but then it starts back up no issues. Just a weird random restart quirk? That would be so annoying if it just kept on happening though! Glad you got it fixed up 🙂

@darlicious , it is not just you!!!!!

https://www.xda-developers.com/google-app-crashing-android/

I remember this happen a month or two ago with another Google App..   I blame on Work from Home.. properly a cat jumped onto the desk and somehow hit Enter and the "unfinished" code was uploaded... LoL 😹

Omg...I think I fixed it. Its a motorola issue. Anyhow so far so good this what worked for anyone else with this problem.

1. Check Your Internet Connection.
  2. Clear the Google Play App Cache.
  3. Install the Latest Google Play.
  4. Clear Cache and Data from Google Play Services.
  5. Restart the Phone.
  6. Clear Cache from Download Manager.
  7. Remove and Add Google Account Again.

@Anonymous 

I updated still flashing. Uninstalled and reinstalled it still flashing. So I have disabled it again. I'm leaving the older versions in my A3 and my tablet for now. Lol...I would google the fix....

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : Then I guess there's your answer. Can one install a prior version from the Play store? Not going to an apk site and sideloading?

I think I'll look for that Play store uninstall option for some apps I have. mañana

@Anonymous 

Ok I can uninstall it from the google play store. But I just read it got an update today.

@Anonymous 

I can't uninstall it. My only choices are disable and force stop.

@Anonymous 

Lol...I goigled!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : Make up your mind...which is it? Goigle, Goggle or maybe perhaps Google? Uninstall and re-install maybe.

Need Help? Let's chat.