cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Phone Option

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Since Public Mobile doesn't sell phones, we all have to shop around for our devices.  While scouting for a good PC to buy for black Friday, I came across what seems like a pretty good deal.  @ShawnC13, this phone is for you.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/store/d/alcatel-idol-4s-unlocked/8r7wv7wmjtz1?icid=Cat-Mobile-Nav_2-...

6 REPLIES 6

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

Moto G5 is also a good phone for $250.

The windows phone have some pretty descent hardware.  The software totally sullies the package.  This is a good indicator of how much of a phone's intrinsic value is imbedded in the software ecosystem.  It is why I like running third party roms.  Get great software support without paying full price for it.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@will13am, lol bought it a month ago and returned it next day.  Does have the VR headset with it.  It is a great deal and know a few that have it and they are getting over 2 days of use on one charge.  W10M is dead with no future improvments coming.  That is why I am looking at Android now with the Microsoft launcher and all of their software you can really make it a Microsoft phone.  Until then I will run my 950XL until I decide on my next phone.  I do have a 640XL, 640 and a 830 for back up if I ever need a phone.  

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Andy1000
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Nov. 23rd it will be on sale for $199

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Good find, highly competitve price and specs 

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Good price for the phone with the specs it comes with.

Only downside is, not everyone can handle Windows phones...which lacks some apps here and there. Personally, I use a Lumia 950XL and am happy with the phone as most of the more popular apps I need are available, not to mention the extra features of being able to send texts and see my phone notifications on my Windows 10 laptop.

Need Help? Let's chat.