cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going on two weeks: Still no help, no service, working sims or phone number.

PCDriessen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, 

I have a different message open and waiting for help, but since I am not getting service I am starting this one about the sim cards I got from PM.

I activated the one and three days later, no help from MOD team, there was still no activation. So I changed the sim card # on my account and that did nothing either.

I have tried both sim cards in other phones, so it is not just the phone. I have tried a working PM sim card from my friends phone in mine and it works perfect right away.

Is it possible that I have two dud sim cards? Should I change the sim card to the last one I have to see if that will help?

Should I try to activate the third and last on under a new account?

My account says it is active, for the last week and a half! But I have not had a phone since trying to get over to PM. Telus already let my number go but it is not in service if called. I have tried to change my number to a PM number as well and had no luck on that either.

Seriously, please help me.

10 REPLIES 10

PCDriessen

So a Mod finally contacted me and told me that my previous 2 sims are a bust, my previous account is a bust, and my previous paid amounts are a bust.

So I was forced to set up a second account with a new email address, and a new phone number since my ported number became lost in that whole shuffle. The last sim worked seemlessly with the new PM number.

I don't know if I should order two more sims and do my wife and kids phones now or not. This was not a great idea its cost a lot of money and it took over two weeks. 

My wife has her phone for her business, her number can't be lost that would cause a great deal of lost communication. I don't know if I trust the network or the mods to help with getting her phone ported properly.

Either way, I guess I have my phone problem "solved!?!?"

Yikes.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@PCDriessen Sadly you are completely at the mercy of the moderators. I suggest you do not change SIMs again; there is no point as that account is clearly stuck in porting no-man's land. I suspect that SIM #1 is now toast because you changed SIMs within your account #1.

I think the 3rd SIM would be fine to activate as a different account; you must use a different email address from account #1. Maybe just invest in a $10 plan to minimize your risk? https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/quot-Risk-Free-quot-Activation-costs-...

Alternatively, for just phone calls try an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi (or on cellular data). Even though I have never needed it in 4 years, it's my backup service for these situations.

Fingers crossed that you can eventually recover your original Telus number.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@PCDriessen

Not sure whats happening but 2 weeks no service doesnt make sense...lots of issues come up ..but 2 weeks is over the top.....

PCDriessen

@ShawnC13

Tried the lost/stolen phone idea. Was a good idea, but it did not do the trick.

Still waiting...

PCDriessen

Also I just popped the sim into a buddy's phone and it says "sim not provisioned"

This is the second sim that I have tried to activate with no luck.

When I put the sim back into my phone it says "iphone not activated"

Not much help from mods over this whole time, so I am beginning to see your point on that.

Thanks

FYI...a cell phone that's "locked" to Telus will work at PM. No need to "unlock" it.

@PCDriessen, I don't think this is a SIM card or phone issue.  I think it is something with the whole account.  The only thing I can think of to try is the Lost/Stolen Phone trick.  Login to your self serve and report your phone stolen.  This will deactivate the sim and then log out about 5 minutes later log back in and report the phone as found that this will re-activate your SIM.  That is only a thought but I think there is an issue with your account not connecting with and activating the sims.  Since you have contacted mods there isn't much else to be done unfortunately.   @CS_Agent, any chance you can get to this as it seems like it has been 2 weeks already

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

PCDriessen

I did update the apn settings, even going to the profile maker through the steps listed on the self service part of this site.

When the sim card is in the phone the network is listed as PM under the cellular settings, but it continually shows no service.

This is a telus phone, so it does not require unlocking by default. Who knows though.

donaldblair

Hey bud,

PM's "moderator team" is about as useful as a bag of hammers. 

When you popped the sim in, did your apn settings change? We're you registered or attempt to register on the network when the SIM was inserted? And I assume you're working with an unlocked phone?

I do hope you hear back from them but like me, you'd have a better chance of building your own phone company from scratch, complete with a fully working self-serve portal, long before you hear back from a moderator.

PCDriessen

Just so we all know what has been done. The mods have been notified and have received the information that was requested. I have not heard from them.

I have reset the phone, reset the network settings, tried two of my three sim cards with no luck, tried a working sim card from a friend which works in my phone. None of my sim cards work in any device.

I have tried a temporary number from PM. Still no change. 

Telus said the number is gone from their side. So I have had no phone for almost a week and a half.

My account said it was active the day after I activated the first sim card so that is all working. I can log on and do what I need.

Any mods or any one else who can help?

Need Help? Let's chat.