cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Given a number already in use

LukeMP
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently purchased and activated a phone at walmart. The number i was assigned was still attached to a prepaid rogers phone. I don't get my texts at times and I'm pretty pissed off at the trouble it's causing me, for work in particular. How do i change my number and how are you going to resolve my irritation at this ridiculous issue to keep me with public? Unimpressed to say the least.

3 REPLIES 3

@NDesai wrote:

@LukeMP Better if you just change the number as it takes a min to change. On the other hand, mods will need to log a ticket to investigate the issue and it can take time. So, if you really don't need to keep that number, changing it from self-serve account is the better option. 

If the number really is going to Rogers, and especially if someone else is answering when you call the number, LukeMP won't have any choice but to change the number.

Strangely enough, Telus did this exact thing to me years ago.  I had an original Telus number for a few years, ported over to Rogers, but then a year later, I started receiving multple calls asking for someone else.  I then got a call from Telus technical support and they pretty much said "sorry, our mistake" and were forced to change the phone number of the other person since I had already been using that number for years.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@LukeMP Better if you just change the number as it takes a min to change. On the other hand, mods will need to log a ticket to investigate the issue and it can take time. So, if you really don't need to keep that number, changing it from self-serve account is the better option. 

Cheetah24
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi LukeMP,

Sorry to hear you are having problems with Public Mobile. Changing your current number could be done via logging into your self serve account. But for me it seems odd that the number you are given is tied to Rogers. Therefore I suggest private messenging the moderator team.

Here is the link: click here

Thank you 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.