cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Started with a Upgrade ;-)

dougc
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Sooo I purchased a factory fresh   'Moto G Fast '  to upgrade up from my 5 yr olde fliphone.    Woo-Hoo !!

The flip' has been operating on a PM account/SIM since 08-2018 with a ported over phone number from SO'.     (also always saved my contacts on the SIM vs the phone memory).

Sharing this 'scenario' and following thoughts/questions,    in case other(s) have had similiar experiences and acquired solutions to share.     Why reinvent or do the trial/error thing,  when  answer(s) may already  be out there  !    🙂

I acquired a new SIM  from L'Drugs  tonight,  thinking that it maybe too  iffy  to 'trim' down the 2018 PM SIM down to Nano.       

False  thought ? 

The staffer at L'Drugs implied that the 2020 version of SIM,  "would be faster than the old one".  

Am I allowed to port (?)  my existing PM account and phone number to the new  SIM  trimmed down to Nano  ?  

Looking at https://activate.publicmobile.ca/   seems to be just for brand new activations/accounts.  

Is my scenario,  a 'Moderator ticket' request ? 

If I use the 2020  (PM) SIM  (Nano trimmed out),  the only inconvenience is to manually input (thankfully only) 23 contacts  which I have to remember to copy over to the flip' memory,   just  in case loss of PM account/number on the Regular SIM,   no longer allows access to info saved on the SIM.   

Thanks for your time !

dougc

p.s. long-winded post, hope this gets past *poof" the magic dragon.  Should since the only link is a PM site url !

30 REPLIES 30
Need Help? Let's chat.