cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Data to Work, Difficulty Changing APN settings

jesusisgod
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi ,I have the exact same problem .So terribly frustrating when u are not tech savvy .I. May need to return the phone actually .A mod gave me some info to feed into a steering but like u day u cannot get into it .What I will say is on you tube a man had same issue ,he bought another sim card that was able to add pm ,then used pm sim .Thats how he was able to get data .Does your sim card come up as Telus ,mine does .Oh I know exactly how u are feeling .Let me know if u get this resolved and I will let u know ok .I have been quite sick so this has been going in spurts .Ok take care 

32 REPLIES 32

jesusisgod
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks I will try that .Ty 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jesusisgod wrote:

No it's not drastic being as I am someone who knows nothing of phones .Numerous phones are 8.1so people should be made aware not after the fact .I already changed providers .I am beside myself trying to get my mobile data .This should not be complicated .If the phone works re calling mms then why cannot I get my data.called umig  whatever they say it is compatible pm says says something else .I don't know what to do .

Have you tried using a Freedom Mobile SIM?

Have you tried using a Roam Mobility SIM?

Have you tried using a Speakout SIM?

Have you tried the APK download/install?

This is a known problem with 8.1 that is not isolated to Public Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.