cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Data to Work, Difficulty Changing APN settings

jesusisgod
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi ,I have the exact same problem .So terribly frustrating when u are not tech savvy .I. May need to return the phone actually .A mod gave me some info to feed into a steering but like u day u cannot get into it .What I will say is on you tube a man had same issue ,he bought another sim card that was able to add pm ,then used pm sim .Thats how he was able to get data .Does your sim card come up as Telus ,mine does .Oh I know exactly how u are feeling .Let me know if u get this resolved and I will let u know ok .I have been quite sick so this has been going in spurts .Ok take care 

32 REPLIES 32

jesusisgod

thankyou 

jesusisgod

thankyou very much .i was unaware of this .

jesusisgod

well if u cannot help and u say well thats if they will ,the moderators re plan changes etc .Who do u make plan changes with ???  I notified a moderator just now .There is no number to call and they have been very good re any questions as i am new .

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@jesusisgod If you're still stuck see this post: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/APN-settings-on-Umidigi-A3Pro-cannot-...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

jesusisgod

i dont understsnd what u mean .i am having a hard time navigating .Where to place wuestions where to look if people leave answers .omgawd   i am too old  for this lol

jesusisgod

hi ok tks .i am having a hard time navigating this .

@jesusisgod , I have moved your questions about getting data to work from multiple threads into one thread here. You'll likely find that it'll be a lot easier to get answers and for people to be able to help you if the other Community members can see all of the background information in one place.

jesusisgod

i am thinking possibly this is why i cannot get my data 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Big problem here I am more than confused 

What are you talking about? Reviving an older thread with a mostly blank but something in the tags box and then this. ???

jesusisgod

Big problem here I am more than confused 

jesusisgod

hi i tried to open that link up but it says perm removed .tks 

jesusisgod

hi its 2019 and i ordered umidigi apro 3 .no way to get apn setting but able to with other card .Android 8 are aeful 

jesusisgod

no but i will get help with this today .This helped a fellow on youtube on march 23 of this year .im not great with thiscbut ill sendcscreenshot ok Screenshot_20190408-131629.png

Screenshot_20190408-131629.png

jesusisgod

yes i just joined and i didnt really understand that .Im a bit older dear lol .im just me trying to fig this out .Oh i see camera thingy .ill see about that screen shot ok 

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jesusisgod wrote:

hi ,2 user names .i just joined my name is sharon .? not sure what u mean 2 user nsmes 

@jesusisgod 

Robertqc thought you had another account aswell...turns out another member has the same issue as you do..

jesusisgod

hi ,2 user names .i just joined my name is sharon .? not sure what u mean 2 user nsmes 

jesusisgod

ty very much i understand 

@RobertQc wrote:

@Alex888  wrote:
@jesusisgodYou can use your self-serve account to change your plan, it will give you an option to either change it immediately or on automatically on your next renewal date. If you change it immediately you forfeit the remainder of your current plan, there are no refunds.
To change plans go to My Account --> Log in --> Change Plan (Under Account Status) and select the plan you want.
To set up autopay go to My Account --> Log in --> Payment (near the top left) --> Manage AutoPay

Reminder if you are on the $10 for 6 months promo the plan that you select must be $30 or more otherwise you will lose the remainder of the promo.

@Alex888  wrote:
@jesusisgodYou can use your self-serve account to change your plan, it will give you an option to either change it immediately or on automatically on your next renewal date. If you change it immediately you forfeit the remainder of your current plan, there are no refunds.
To change plans go to My Account --> Log in --> Change Plan (Under Account Status) and select the plan you want.
To set up autopay go to My Account --> Log in --> Payment (near the top left) --> Manage AutoPay

This is an RFD thread on the same topic.  One of the guys produced an app to help with the APN addition.

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/solved-fido-apn-miui-10-cant-add-apn-2239645/

@jesusisgod You can use your self-serve account to change your plan, it will give you an option to either change it immediately or on automatically on your next renewal date. If you change it immediately you forfeit the remainder of your current plan, there are no refunds.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jesusisgod wrote:

hi ,can u assist me with something .As my data is not working until i get a phone that dors (soon). How does switching plans work .If im on a 40 dollar plan now 2 weeks almost ,and i switch to a lowered   priced plan, how am i reimbursed and i also set up for autopayment .Tks .Im confused 

@jesusisgod If you are in $40 plan, you don't want to switch to the lower plan until next renewal cycle. If do, you will lose all $40. So you can just wait. 

Autopay set up, you can do it in "My Account" and update your credit card information. After next cycle payment made, you will have $2 reward in your account that will be good for next cycle. 

@RobertQc wrote:

@jesusisgod wrote:

hi ,can u assist me with something .As my data is not working until i get a phone that dors (soon). How does switching plans work .If im on a 40 dollar plan now 2 weeks almost ,and i switch to a lowered   priced plan, how am i reimbursed and i also set up for autopayment .Tks .Im confused 

@jesusisgod 

No one here can help you get account credits / reimburmsnet / mid cycle changes. We are all customers like you. Use this link to send a message to the moderator team. They are the only ones that can help you with that and thats if they even will.

@jesusisgod  Don't "change plan now" because you will end up throwing the rest of your plan in the garbage and spending a lot more. Do not change your plan mid cycle unless the moderators are helping you do it, or you are willing to spend MORE money

@jesusisgod wrote:

@jesusisgod , I've moved your quetsion to a new thread so that you can get more timely answers from other Community members.

If you change any plan to a different one and make it take effect immediateliy, you will not receive any compensation.  Everything that you've paid for that first $40 plan will be lost.  The new plan will be due immediately, and the full 30 days (or 90 days if you take a 90 day plan) will start from the moment of the change.

@jesusisgod wrote:

@jesusisgod 

No one here can help you get account credits / reimburmsnet / mid cycle changes. We are all customers like you. Use this link to send a message to the moderator team. They are the only ones that can help you with that and thats if they even will.

jesusisgod

bethm0606
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

it's not me @RobertQc . we got the same problem 😞

@jesusisgod wrote:

new umidigi apro 3 .Suppose to be compatible but u cannot add an APM for public .Any help kindly appreciated .tks   I cannot get my data .Not comuter savvy at all .

@jesusisgod 

Have you tried a network reset, then automatically connecting to whatever network / removing sim card and allowing carrier settings to re-assign?

Is the network operator (public mobile) on automatic, or manual?

You likely have 8/8.1 android. Common problem. If you have 8/8.1 try this https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=75157321&postcount=14

Read through this post too https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Android-8-1-APN-settings/td-p/241715

Do you have 2 user names? Are you also @bethm0606  ??

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jesusisgod  by starting a new thread you will get similar answers to what you got in the orriginal thread.    

have you tried putting in a rogers of bell branded sim in the phone?

jesusisgod

new umidigi apro 3 .Suppose to be compatible but u cannot add an APM for public .Any help kindly appreciated .tks   I cannot get my data .Not comuter savvy at all .

Need Help? Let's chat.