cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Bell device unlocked

ctrain213
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey all, new Public Mobile user here. I spoke with Bell 60 minutes ago to have them unlock my device so I could use my PM Sim Card. Have been waiting now and still am unable to use the PM Sim Card...in your experience how long does it usually take for the Bell unlock to actually go through? They said I would receive an email when it was complete....I keep refreshing.

Thanks in advance, Craig.

5 REPLIES 5

ctrain213

This is what I ended up doing. Chatted with them through their website and the unlock was done pretty well instantly. Thanks everyone!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sulagok wrote:

Hi, just another method that worked instantly for me both with Bell and Rogers. They both have a customer support live chat that only comes on if you’re using your mobile but not available on computer (hope I’m right). I requested to unlock iPhone 6 in the live chat (both cases) and was unlocked within a minute. Though an email was sent later for confirmation, but I already tried another SIM card and it worked.

Great stuff. Which twigged a distant memory of possibly doing that with Telus myself. I don't know. Crappy memory. It was just this past January for cripes sake! 🙂 Gimme a break I was in Hawaii. Have another swig of that wine 🙂

sulagok
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi, just another method that worked instantly for me both with Bell and Rogers. They both have a customer support live chat that only comes on if you’re using your mobile but not available on computer (hope I’m right). I requested to unlock iPhone 6 in the live chat (both cases) and was unlocked within a minute. Though an email was sent later for confirmation, but I already tried another SIM card and it worked.

ctrain213

Gotcha thanks. I shall keep refreshing 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ctrain213 wrote:

Hey all, new Public Mobile user here. I spoke with Bell 60 minutes ago to have them unlock my device so I could use my PM Sim Card. Have been waiting now and still am unable to use the PM Sim Card...in your experience how long does it usually take for the Bell unlock to actually go through? They said I would receive an email when it was complete....I keep refreshing.

Thanks in advance, Craig.

Just for clarity...they send you an email WITH the unlock code and you do it yourself.

Telus was almost immediately after calling. Calling?! Listen to me lol.

Need Help? Let's chat.