cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy s7 says apn is not allowed by account

Awelch
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can call and text but will not receive mobile data and I'm using t mobile and the sim works fine in my other phone

6 REPLIES 6

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can find your IMEI# by dialing *#06# on your phone to discover your IMEI number

Here at Public Mobile, you bring your own phone and activate it using a Public Mobile SIM card. While we don’t sell phones, there are a number of ways you can get a phone that suits your needs. You just need to make sure that your phone is unlocked and compatible with our Canada-wide 4G LTE network. 

Your phone should work on our network, if your phone specifications match the following bands:

•  For 3G use (UMTS/HSPA): 850MHz/1900MHz bands
  •  For 4G/LTE use: 1700MHz/2100MHz bands
  •  For 4G/LTE use: 700 MHz band

You can check whether your phone will work on our network by entering your IMEI numberhere Instructions on how to obtain your IMEI number are also provided in the link.

Before you do that, we want you to know that the IMEI Checker is meant as a reference only – it isn’t 100% accurate due to the wide variety of phones on the market, and Public Mobile cannot guarantee service on a particular phone. Feel free to let us know if you find a discrepancy with the IMEI checker.

Note: If the IMEI checker reports your phone as lost or stolen, contact the source that you got the phone from, to determine why this is happening. A phone that is reported as lost or stolen can't be activated on the Public Mobile network.

Tags (4)

Awelch

Is any guide or video for calling my imei that you have so i can see all the instructions happen

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Awelch , what version of android are you running on the phone.  Android 8 had a nasty change which removed the option to add APNs.  If this is the problem, here is a discussion from RFD that covers how to implement a workaround.

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/solved-fido-apn-miui-10-cant-add-apn-2239645/

I also found an old thread where a customer with a Sprint sourced GS7 that had issues with APNs as well.  This customer had to use ODIN to update the software on the phone.  It has been a long while since I use ODIN on a Samsung product.  I can't comment much off the top of my head without relearning the software other than to say it is pretty straightforward to use.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/No-data-on-Galaxy-S7-and-Unable-to-Ac...

ECE

I am having the exact same problem but with my new Asus Zenfone Live L1....I found this article https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile/asus-zenfone-live-l1-za550kl and followed the directions but I still get a message saying the operator doesn't allow the APN. 

UFO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I just S7 edge and it is working fine, so i guess it is the setting issue.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You could try a factory reset.

You can dial *#272*[IMEI of your phone]#

Select "TLS" or "KDO" to customize your phone to the right carrier.

Accept and this process will lead to a factory reset and the phone being customized to Telus/Koodo/PM.  

Need Help? Let's chat.