cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Note 5, working for months, now Not registered on network error

CaptainSnorkel
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Getting a "Not registered on network error" now, halfway through the day after making calls earlier in the day.  Nothing has been changed. 

Network mode is GSM/HSPA/LTE (auto connect)

Access Point Name is Public Mobile 2 (sp.mb.com)

Network Operator is Telus

When I scan for all available networks, I can see

Public Mobile

EXT

Bell

Freedom

AT&T

Choosing Public Mobile or Select automatically just kept returning me to Telus.  Just now as I am typing this, I touched 313100 by mistake and of course after a long interval it informed me that the SIM was not allowed on that network.  I then hit Select automatically once more and this time it came up as Public Mobile.  So I tried a phone call and it worked.

Any idea what is going on?

4 REPLIES 4

CaptainSnorkel
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@toxicfire 

Thanks for the suggestion, using airplane mode sounds like a good trick to try whenever we have connection problems.

toxicfire
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If its now working it may have just been your phone was having issues connecting to a proper tower.

If this happens enable(turnon) airplane mode wait 15 seconds then turn it off and that usually does the trick.

Rebooting the phone too sometimes helps.

We get similar things here.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@CaptainSnorkel 

Edit:  

Didn't read the last part.  At least it is working now....  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CaptainSnorkel wrote:

Getting a "Not registered on network error" now, halfway through the day after making calls earlier in the day.  Nothing has been changed. 

Network mode is GSM/HSPA/LTE (auto connect)

Access Point Name is Public Mobile 2 (sp.mb.com)

Network Operator is Telus

When I scan for all available networks, I can see

Public Mobile

EXT

Bell

Freedom

AT&T

Choosing Public Mobile or Select automatically just kept returning me to Telus.  Just now as I am typing this, I touched 313100 by mistake and of course after a long interval it informed me that the SIM was not allowed on that network.  I then hit Select automatically once more and this time it came up as Public Mobile.  So I tried a phone call and it worked.

Any idea what is going on?

Sounds like you might have stumbled upon a nice resolution. Not sure why it would have stopped on you in the first place though.

Need Help? Let's chat.