cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Free unlock codes for Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 edge

I did Live chat with samsung both Canada & US since by device was bought in US they could not help , chat with the US and they need told me to call customer care . So I need help asap 

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@smack, I'm assuming your problem is not able to get your Samsung unlocked? The quickest way is to go on ebay and search for "unlock code" and your phone model. For example, "unlock code Galaxy S7" would yield many results. It usually costs under $5 to get your phone unlocked and most sellers respond within a few hours, if not minutes. That's my usual route when I want to get my phone unlocked.
Mayor / Maire

Thanks @fktw for the very helpful suggestion.

@smack, this thread is very old and no longer relevant.  If your phone was bought unlocked and then locked to the first sim you put in, these phones came with unlock code in the box.  

Otherwise try e-bay, I have had very good experience from there as well.  Good luck!  

Mayor / Maire

Free unlock codes are available for a large variety of older smartphones, including a lot of other Samsung models and some LG models.  Unconditionally free.

Although some of the code generators are traps, loaded with paywalls or payloads, trojans and ransomware and spyware and loggers and malware.  Download only from reputatable sources, scan with extreme prejudice, and run only in a quarantined sandbox, lol.

But don't get sucked in - newer "premium" devices are always costly to unlock.  And registry systems are in place which will actually deny access to unlocks until the device is fully paid for.  Anyone who could afford to buy such a new device outright will indeed buy a fully unlocked one straight from the manufacturer - the only devices which will need unlocking will be the ones purchased through (and locked by) the carriers on a not-yet-completed-not-yet-paid-out contract basis.

Holy crap! It worked! well, I guess we will see in a few days when my code should be getting emailed to me.

I have a Rogers galaxy s7.  I chatted with a rep at samsung. told them i heard I could get a code, and that I bought my phone from Costco, and she said I should get the code in 4 days.  Crossing my fingers!

Mayor / Maire

Follow the unlock instructions religiously.  If (for whatever reason) it doesn't work perfectly after you've (correctly) made a couple attempts then don't persist.  Most smartphones will allow only a small number of failed unlock attempts (usually 10 or so, maybe fewer) before permanently bricking the firmware - this feature is designed to thwart phone theft - and the limited number of remaining attempts is not always displayed.

All that being said, it's as easy as just inserting a SIM, entering the specific code(s), and restarting the device, lol.

Mayor / Maire

Hey @leak, its great to hear that this is still working.

You will most likely get the unlock code via email soon.  They would have refused to take the request if they weren't gonna provide the unlock code.  Cheers.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

thanks for the info, trying it out!

Mayor / Maire

Good luck @Pasharu, if this doesn't work, you can try other vendors online on eBay, etc.  

I tried this and it did not work