Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free unlock codes for Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 edge

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hello everyone!  

Samsung is giving unlock codes for free for the S7's: 

1. Start a live chat session from Samsung's Contact Us page: http://www.samsung.com/ca/info/contactus.html?CID=AFL-hq-mul-0813-11000170
  2. Inform the rep that you would like to unlock you S7 or S7 edge and provide the IMEI & Carrier info
  3. In a few (2+) days, you will get the unlock code via email.  

Hope this helps.  I am not sure if they would give unlock codes for free for other Samsung phones.  

If anyone wants to try their luck with other models, please post an update here.  

EDIT:  Confirmed to be working only for S7, S7 Edge, Galaxy Grand Prime.  Not other models. 

68 REPLIES 68

@imm1304 If Samsung cannot provide unlock codes at all for non-S7 devices, then they can't provide them for free either, right?

Previous to @NDesai's post, I wasn't aware that S7 is the first series of phones from Samsung where they can themselves provide unlock codes.

imm1304

Hello @Griff!

I am sure @7789849803 is very tech savvy and knows all that stuff.  🙂

He just meant to inquire if Samsung is offering free unlock codes for other models such as S6, S5, S4 etc etc.  

So it looks like S7 and S7 edge are for sure getting free unlock codes.  There was also a mention of the Grand prime phones getting free unlock codes.  

Good to know, thanks @NDesai!

@7789849803 nope, it's only for s7. They say that s7 is the one that is built in a way where Samsung itself can provide unlock code. They won't unlock any other devices.

Griff
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@7789849803
Unlock codes are IMEI specific, using a code meant for an S7 on an S6 wouldn't work, using a code meant for one S7 on another S7 wouldn't work

Thanks again @imm1304! Hopefully others will be able to test to see if the code works for any other Samsung devices (like the S6).

imm1304

Hi @7789849803,

I am not sure why Samsung is doing this.  I wish I knew more to share with you.  

A friend told me that it was on RFD and tested it and got confirmation email.  So it IS working.. at least until a wise carrier decides to fight over it.  

Here is the reference thread: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/samsung-galaxy-s7-unlock-code-free-1975883/

Mayor / Maire

@imm1304 Whoa, what?! The carriers cannot be okay with this!

Do you know why Samsung is making this happen? Do you have any context or background story to share with us?

As you know, usually Samsung (or any other manufacturer), will want nothing to do with the unlocking process, not even for a fee. This is likely an effort to cede all control to the carriers to unlock whatever devices they like, at whatever fee they like.

Need Help? Let's chat.