cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free phone unlocks available now

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If anyone has a locked phone (Koodo or Telus) PM is now offering to unlock them for free. You just have to send a message to the Mods and include

IEME ( * # 0 6 # )

PM phone #

and PM account # would help as well

18 REPLIES 18

@sscarl wrote:

I'm a newby here - how do you contact a Mod with your phone info?

A ticket can be opened by proceeding to https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

sscarl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm a newby here - how do you contact a Mod with your phone info?

@Drstiffwood wrote:

Looking to get this iPhone 5s network unlocked. The phone is locked to public mobile. 

IMEI# xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Not sure if that's all you need. I read something about a mod but I don't have a clue what that is so I decided to go with this. Thanks to anyone that helps me out or even attempts to I appreciate it.

edtited by computergeek541:  removed IMEI as it can be used as account identification to port out

Try your imei here . It “may” tell it is unlocked or the carrier it is locked to. If Telus, just use the Telus Mobility Chat. They will tell you it is unlocked, reboot phone or do a full reset on iTunes. 

@Drstiffwood wrote:

Looking to get this iPhone 5s network unlocked. The phone is locked to public mobile. 

Not sure if that's all you need. I read something about a mod but I don't have a clue what that is so I decided to go with this. Thanks to anyone that helps me out or even attempts to I appreciate it.

Posting a message here won't get this done. If this phone is locked to Telus, please submit a ticket to the moderators by going to https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat .

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Drstiffwood wrote:

IMEI# xxxxxxxxxxx

Was this phone bought from Public Mobile long ago when they used to sell phones? Was it bought from Telus or Koodo?

fdrcamb519

IMG-2710.jpg
@Drstiffwood 

click on the 3 dots top right this is a public forum to edit remove your. EMEI NUMBER

we are fellow members and not the moderators. Remove as soon as possible 

Drstiffwood

edtited by computergeek541:  removed IMEI as it can be used as account identification to port out

smp99

If it is during business hours and you have provided the moderators with the proper information (see previous posts) it should take a couple of hours at most.

Of course issues can arise for any individual case......

criveros

What was the process like? How long did it take?

heather1

Thanks! I just did this for my Koodo phone and PM Moderators responded and unlocked my phone within a few hours!

Clefort88
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
In theory, a Telus or Koodo phone should already work on the PM spectrum, however on the off chance, mobile carriers are going to be doing away with unlocking fees in December. Hopefully. I’ve got some friends with Bell who are just waiting for that to kick in to join PM

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Greats news and thanks for the heads up

Michael77

@smp99,

Thanks for letting me know. 🙂

smp99

Just send a mod your ieme number here.  You've already done the hard part by signing up to this community

cai
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Nope. Just contacted Telus, and the rep told me that if I wanted to get my iPhone unlocked right now, it would cost $50. They will unlock cell phones for free starting from Dec 1.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Nice to know, thanks for the information.

ute1978

Koodo and Telus do this as well now.

Acekiller

thanks, will get my koodophone unlock!

Need Help? Let's chat.