cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Found a lost phone in Brampton

tahag
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I found someone's lost phone a few days ago. How do I go about returning it? The owner hasn't called the phone. The service is still active. And the phone is locked so I can't see anything.

6 REPLIES 6

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Anything I found, give to the police.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@tahag  Top left corner of the lock screen should show the carrier.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@tahag wrote:

I found someone's lost phone a few days ago. How do I go about returning it? The owner hasn't called the phone. The service is still active. And the phone is locked so I can't see anything.

Good for your for trying to find the owner @tahag 🙂

Good Luck !

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@tahag wrote:

Have you pulled out the SIM card to see what provider it is from as some have the provider name on them?  If you know it is from Public Mobile by getting to the lock screen and seeing the provider name up in the corner, you can contact the moderators and giving them the SIM number they should be able to look it up that way.  Without any actual identity verification, you can only hope that the person used their correct name and address when signing up for the service.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Keep it charged. What kind of phone is it? Some one here can tell you what to expect if the phone rings and if you can answer it or not. Put it up as "found" on Craigslist or Kijjijji? Would wait for a call vs the hassle with responses from CL or Kijjijji. 

@tahag wrote:

Do you know which carrier it is? If it is, you can try contacting the carrier. They would be able to contact the person who last used it for you.

You can also bring it in to a local police station. They will hold is for a short period of time waiting for someone to make a claim to the phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.