cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forwarding my phone calls while away

dpodca
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, 

I know that the instructions to forward phone calls on the PM network are required when you are connected to the network. Is there anyway to forward calls while away from the network? I am stuck in Central America for an unknown amount of time and I would like to forward my calls to a Canadian skype number. Is there any way to do that? Thanks in advance!

10 REPLIES 10

@Luddite wrote:

@ShawnC13 el al FYI: based on my testing call forwarding will work provided an account is not suspended AND call forwarding has been activated using one's phone. The phone does not need to be turned on for call forwarding to function. 

Thanks @Luddite  I will edit my post for accuracy

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@dabr wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

@JoyLuck wrote:

NOTE: Call forwarding is fine for unlimited plans but will use up your minutes on plans with limited outgoing minutes.

Are you absolutely certain? I've tried it a couple of times and, while an outbound call is recorded, it does not seem to add to the tally on the overview page. 

@Luddite   I'm not sure what PM's official policy on call forwarding is, but could your experience be the 'unofficial' quirk? 

Whichever it is it's good to know that minutes aren't getting deducted for the limited plans:)

I'm assuming it's friendly quirk. :cathappy: 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Luddite wrote:

@JoyLuck wrote:

NOTE: Call forwarding is fine for unlimited plans but will use up your minutes on plans with limited outgoing minutes.

Are you absolutely certain? I've tried it a couple of times and, while an outbound call is recorded, it does not seem to add to the tally on the overview page. 

@Luddite   I'm not sure what PM's official policy on call forwarding is, but could your experience be the 'unofficial' quirk? 

Whichever it is it's good to know that minutes aren't getting deducted for the limited plans:)

@Luddite wrote:

@JoyLuck wrote:

I was reading solutions to call forwarding in the Community and that was what was stated.

@JoyLuck wrote:

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

Edit here: I am not sure of the accuracy of the statement below as it was stated in solutions in the community. Maybe someone knows for certain about limited plans.

"NOTE: Call forwarding is fine for unlimited plans but will use up your minutes on plans with limited outgoing minutes."

@ShawnC13 el al FYI: based on my testing call forwarding will work provided an account is not suspended AND call forwarding has been activated using one's phone. The phone does not need to be turned on for call forwarding to function. 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Another thing you may consider is mailing your sim to a friend or relative you trust and asking them to set forwarding for you and store your sim in a safe place. If you decide, don't forget to suspend your account until you get the message that Sim was received, just in case it gets lost on the way and found by a wrong person, you never know

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@dpodca wrote:

Hello, 

I know that the instructions to forward phone calls on the PM network are required when you are connected to the network. Is there anyway to forward calls while away from the network? I am stuck in Central America for an unknown amount of time and I would like to forward my calls to a Canadian skype number. Is there any way to do that? Thanks in advance!

unfortunately, you would have had to activate call forwarding before you left while you were still connected to the network.

Edited to present accurate information 

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Sorry you can't do it outside Canada

Open TextNow account and ask your family and friends to call your new number, it's free and great companion to public mobile in my opinion

Need Help? Let's chat.